$1.2 M will turn you into a screamer

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

$1.2 M will turn you into a screamer

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I reckon the same could happen in KOW altho a lot of rich khmers seemingly like to flaunt their wealth..

A lottery winner in Jamaica claimed their $1.2 million prize wearing a Scream mask to protect their identity

• A lottery winner in Jamaica claimed their prize last week wearing a Scream mask to protect their identity.
  • The winner, who was only identified by the name A. Campbell, says they’re going to use the prize money to invest in a house.
  • Campbell won $US158.4 million Jamaican dollars, which equates to about $US1.2 million U.S. dollars.
A lottery winner in Jamaica claimed his prize last week while wearing a Scream mask to protect their identity.

The winner, identified only by the name A. Campbell, claimed their giant check in a ceremony at the Spanish Court Hotel in Kingston on February 5, according to local outlet Loop. They went so far as to wear gloves so that no inch of skin was showing or identifiable.

Campbell came forward after Supreme Ventures, which runs the lottery, put out advertisements telling them to claim the $US158,400,000 Jamaican dollar prize before the 90-day cutoff. Campbell claimed the prize, which amounts to about $US1.2 million in U.S. dollars, on day 54.

Campbell told Loop that the winning numbers came to them in a dream and that they have been sick ever since winning.

“I looked at my ticket and ran into my bathroom and said, ‘I won! I won!’ From the day I found out that I won, I’ve been sick,” he said.

“My head hurt me for three days because I was thinking so much. [Wondering] if what I’ve been longing for really come true. I had a belly ache for two weeks, sometimes I feel so much pain I forgot that I had won,” Campbell added.

Campbell says they plans to use the money to get a new house.

“I want to get a house, I want to get a nice house. I haven’t found it yet, but I’ll be looking for one soon,” Campbell said.

Campbell donned their scream mask about eight months after another Jamaican winner wore an emoji mask to pick up their prize.

At the time, certified financial planner Matt Cosgriff told INSIDER that protecting one’s identity is a great idea after such a windfall.

“I think trying to maintain a low profile and remain anonymous is a great idea after winning the lottery as it helps maintain a certain level of privacy to ensure you don’t have people coming after you asking for money,” Cosgriff said.

The Jamaican Star reported at the time that local lottery winners are afraid of having their faces broadcast on TV because “crime is rampant in the country.”

“People who suddenly get these tens of millions of dollars, it is new to them, and they are afraid that they may be targeted,” Fitz Jackson, a spokesman on National Security, told the Star.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/lott ... ask-2019-2
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: $1.2 M will turn you into a screamer

Post by Brody »

A disguise doesn't do much good if your mom, brother and wife don't play along too. :mrgreen:
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

“My head hurt me for three days because I was thinking so much. [Wondering] if what I’ve been longing for really come true. I had a belly ache for two weeks, sometimes I feel so much pain I forgot that I had won,” Campbell added. Campbell says they plans to use the money to get a new house.
Probably not a bad idea to have a full medical check-up as well.....
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

They went so far as to wear gloves so that no inch of skin was showing or identifiable.
How do you identify someone from an inch of skin?
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:54 pm
They went so far as to wear gloves so that no inch of skin was showing or identifiable.
How do you identify someone from an inch of skin?
Depends what it looks like.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic