Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Post by TOG »

Sidewalker wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:31 pm Quote: ""All decisions taken by unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.""

How many people in GB have elected David Cameron, Theresa May etc. as PM? :beer3:
If you do not understand the difference between the way that the EU elects it's leaders and the way the UK elects it's leaders then you should should not be commenting as you only look stupid.

On a different note, the committee that was elected to design a horse and came up with a camel (HoC) could not agree on a single motion last night. Surprise, surprise. Sometime back I put down £20 at 15 to 1 against the UK remaining in the EU. That is looking pretty good right now.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

TOG wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:43 pm
Sidewalker wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:31 pm Quote: ""All decisions taken by unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.""

How many people in GB have elected David Cameron, Theresa May etc. as PM? :beer3:
If you do not understand the difference between the way that the EU elects it's leaders and the way the UK elects it's leaders then you should should not be commenting as you only look stupid.

On a different note, the committee that was elected to design a horse and came up with a camel (HoC) could not agree on a single motion last night. Surprise, surprise. Sometime back I put down £20 at 15 to 1 against the UK remaining in the EU. That is looking pretty good right now.
Mr. Wise guy: Tell me the difference.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

TOG. what year were you born ?

Charlie
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:04 pm TOG. what year were you born ?

Charlie
Sometime in the 40s and if you are trying to work it out, the Headmaster was a Clifford Thomas and my House Master was Mr Goff and the Lower School Master was Mr Shelly.
Last edited by TOG on Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

You said you went to school with Derek Robinson ?

Charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Which "red ken" did you go to school with ?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Us "William Penn" boys always thought the Tulse hill boys were a bit stupid, we enjoyed bashing them up in brockwell park. :stir:

Charlie
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:14 pm Which "red ken" did you go to school with ?
There was only one Red Ken...Ken Livingstone. I have never mentioned Derek Robinson.

The only boys that went to William Penn were those who could not get into any other school. It was the school of last choice.

We used to walk past WP everyday on the way to TH and no one ever tried to "bash us up". WP was a pretty lame school.

Meanwhile, revoking article 50 looms ever closer.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

I was given a choice when i left primary school i could go to Tulse Hill, Stockwell Manor or William Penn, some choice! do i want to be buggered, bored or beaten. (i chose boredom)

You had a long walk to school if you went past WP everyday, in one direction you end up on Denmark hill, the other way takes you to Dulwich or you could go via herne hill and then walk through brockwell park, either way a bloody long walk, from WP the shortest route would take around an hour.
(did you have shoes)

You left school joined the army, travelled the world, met all sorts of interesting people and killed them. I left school and went on the hippy trail overland to India, met all sorts of interesting people and didn't kill them. Oh well different folks different strokes.

had enough of this silly thread gonna watch my paint dry.

Charlie

ps in those days people (mums and dads) usually chose the school that was nearest, nobody that i knew was ever refused any of the three schools, you could go wherever you wanted,
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

Boris Johnson & Jacob Rees Mogg say they will now back Theresa May's deal, which they have repeatedly trashed as a terrible deal which they could never support. This is because if it passes, she quits and they may become Prime Minister.
Such courage !
Such principles
Such a shameless couple of little shits.
This must never be forgotten. We are where we are because of Tory civil wars not because the country was " thirsting for freedom "
LEAST WE FORGET.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic