Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
YORKIE
Expatriate

Re: Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Post by YORKIE »

Brexit is about a lying, cheating gang of rich bastards who will use any trick and cause any amount of suffering in order to slash their tax bills and tear up Heath & Safety, environmental and work place regulations which eat into their profits. And as for those nasty Union Leaders who crippled the world economy in 2008, what can I say " Hang The Bastards ". :BangHead: :BangHead:
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

YORKIE wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:25 pm Brexit is about a lying, cheating gang of rich bastards who will use any trick and cause any amount of suffering in order to slash their tax bills and tear up Heath & Safety, environmental and work place regulations which eat into their profits. And as for those nasty Union Leaders who crippled the world economy in 2008, what can I say " Hang The Bastards ". :BangHead: :BangHead:
Indeed
European 'Union'
nuff said
Free the money!

monstra mihi bona!
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

la8rat wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:00 pm
no i actually missed that comment by him. i dont hang on his every word..

he does come across as a massively arrogant self serving twat though.

in this instance whether he did this for his own amusement, or for what ever reason. i think its a step in the right direction towards a no deal.

if they cant agree on something and get the eu's backing, then its a no deal on the 29th

that will do for me.
It was all over the news on the BBC. A reporter asking him why but Bercow refusing to answer.

I am prepared for whatever happens; no deal, bad deal or no Brexit.

There is absolutely nothing plebs like us can do to affect the outcome so all we can do is prepare for any eventuality.

YORKIE wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:25 pm Brexit is about a lying, cheating gang of rich bastards who will use any trick and cause any amount of suffering in order to slash their tax bills and tear up Heath & Safety, environmental and work place regulations which eat into their profits. And as for those nasty Union Leaders who crippled the world economy in 2008, what can I say " Hang The Bastards ". :BangHead: :BangHead:
Oh Yorkie how you are taken in hook line and sinker by the Project Fear campaign.

You do realise that Parliament has already decided that in the event of Brexit, the UK will adopt ALL of the existing EU laws and that it has been the UK that has been behind the majority of the "work place" rules that the EU have put in place?

As for rich bastards making money, you mean activists like Gina Miller the pro remain hedge fund manager who is reputed to have made millions out of the confusion she created.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

TOG, With the greatest respect. Can you name any REPUTABLE study that will show The UK will be better off, or even the same if we leave The EU. Please post the link.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

YORKIE wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:04 pm TOG, With the greatest respect. Can you name any REPUTABLE study that will show The UK will be better off, or even the same if we leave The EU. Please post the link.
That's the irony of it.....no one knows. No one knows what will happen with Mays deal, hard Brexit or a remain.

Not a single prediction by the Bank of England (Carney) has been correct; in fact he has been so wrong as to be embarrassing. Not a single prediction by the IMF has been right. The majority of "experts" that have been quoted since the referendum re negative prospects for the UK have all been wrong. Remember George Osborne and his predictions of the apocalypse that would happen if we voted to come out. Never happened. And the UK has outstripped the EU in most of the growth parameters.

All that is fact is that the UK has actually prospered since the referendum. Today the pound is getting stronger, the stock markets are almost at an all time high and there is confidence wherever you look. The only place that there is gloom and despondency is with the Remain voters who feel that they will loose out because the are pessimists who believe in Project Fear.

Just think, whenever we have an election and Labour get in, it is a foregone conclusion that the economy will crash and burn yet we soldier on and wait for the chance to vote them out. Problem there is that we have to spend many years in austerity to make up for their failures. We do not take to the streets, we all get behind the UK and do our best.

We will not know what will happen until a decision is made as to what we are going to do. The car industry is going through a change that would have happened Brexit or not as is all of the manufacturing industry. Cheap Eastern EU labour rates and tax breaks have seen to that.

The only way the EU could work is for all countries to have the same working conditions, same rates of pay, same benefits, same tax laws and the same currency. Then it is all based on quality and service.

It will never happen so sit back, fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride.
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

TOG I am perfectly aware the UK will adopt all the EU laws. But what happens to those EU laws once we leave ????. Please tell. By the way I was not talking about one individual regarding the crash of the world economy in 2008. I was taking about all those nasty Union Leaders who run The UK into the ground in the 70's. The damage they did in 2008 was unforgivable. :D :D
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

YORKIE wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 pm TOG I am perfectly aware the UK will adopt all the EU laws. But what happens to those EU laws once we leave ????. Please tell. By the way I was not talking about one individual regarding the crash of the world economy in 2008. I was taking about all those nasty Union Leaders who run The UK into the ground in the 70's. The damage they did in 2008 was unforgivable. :D :D
As I have mentioned many times in previous posts. The UK has been the biggest contributor to making EU laws for the safety and protection of workers. Why on earth do you think they would go back on this....Oh yes, Project Fear.

The 2008 crash. Great. This all came about because of the economic policies of the likes of Alan Greenspan and Gordon Brown.

They bet the house on providing cheap insured loans for mortgages to people who could not afford them (let the common man own his own property even if he is poor). They based their economics on a house market that will always rise. What they did not have the brain cell to work out is that as the "value" of the property went up, those people who had been conned into buying something they could not afford took out further mortgages against the property. Many US banks saw this happening and wrapped up the mortgages in a bundle with good investments, got Moody's etc to rate them AAA and quickly sold them on the open market.

The crash was inevitable and don't say we were not warned. Vince Cable is on record in Hansard at a PMs question time telling Gordon Brown this would happen. Clunking Gordon said he would not be lectured to from that end of the House. Nice reply from an idiot who did not have the first clue about economics against a politician who is an economic genius. Also Gordon Brown was Chair of the International Monetary Fund's policy advisory committee to monitor international economies to ensure crashes like this could not happen. The boy did well.

Here is the question Mr Cable’s posed to Gordon Brown, then Chancellor, during Treasury Questions back in November 2003: “The growth of the British economy is sustained by consumer spending pinned against record levels of personal debt, which is secured, if at all, against house prices that the Bank of England describes as well above equilibrium level. What action will the Chancellor take on the problem of consumer debt?”

All the bankers did was to see what was happening and try to cover their tracks. They failed miserably. Yes individual bankers should have been jailed but the biggest blame goes to Alan Greenspan and Gordon Brown. Brown of course then put together probably the worst bail out deal in history. Also the rating agencies like Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's, and Fitch Ratings should have been fined billions and had their licenses revoked. Without their AAA ratings, this would never have happened.

Great subject and one that many saw coming.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

A bit off topic, but I'm impressed with TOG having both a lawn and ceiling fans. I miss lawns.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

" Why on earth do I think UK Tory Mp's would go back on existing EU laws regarding workers rights when we leave the EU ". Try this; Esther Mcvey has said she now plans to vote for The vicar's daughter's deal, in totally unrelated news, her constituency has just received £21.7 million in funding from the Chancellor. Democracy anyone. No Tog, not Project Fear. John Redwood will be ready and waiting to deregulate once we are out. :voilent1: :voilent1:
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 pm A bit off topic, but I'm impressed with TOG having both a lawn and ceiling fans. I miss lawns.
You wouldn't if you had to spend 2 hours cutting the damned thing. (the lawn not the ceiling fan).

The ceiling fan is a necessity on the hot humid climate of East Yorkshire. I am too tight to buy a new one so it's strip down the old one and repair it..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic