Cambodia and Finland Sign Airline Agreement

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia and Finland Sign Airline Agreement

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Air deal inked with Finland
01 Feb 2019
Cambodia and Finland reached an Air Service Agreement (ASA) on Wednesday, paving the way for companies to start commercial flights between the two nations.

The ASA was signed in Finland between Mao Havannal, the Cambodian Minister of Civil Aviation, and Finland’s Minister of Transport and Communications Anne Berber.
During the signing ceremony, Ms Berber urged Finland’s national flagship carrier Finnair to start flying to Cambodia.

Chea Aun, spokesperson for Cambodia’s State Secretariat of Civil Aviation, told Khmer Times that the agreement enables airlines to establish routes connecting Cambodia and Finland.

“This agreement is very good news because now any airline can start flying between Finland and Cambodia. Having an air connection with Finland would be great because European travellers continue to be near the top of the list in the Cambodian tourism sector.”
https://www.tourismcambodia.com/news/tr ... inland.htm
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia and Finland Sign Airline Agreement

Post by Doc67 »

Get many Finns in Phnom Penh?

A direct route to London would be nice...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 am Get many Finns in Phnom Penh?

A direct route to London would be nice...
There have been quite a number of Finns featured in CEO News considering the size of their population. :santa:
Out of all the scandies in the local news here, at a guess I'd say the Finns have featured more often than the others. Otherwise, there's a Norwegian guy that turns up regularly punching ATMs, and there's been a few Swedes, but I don't recall any Danes getting into fights, or deported, or busted ? There might have been one old Danish guy that got lost one time in Sihanoukville. But, Finns... plenty :popcorn:
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Yes! A lot of Finns in Cambodia! My favorite Finn, arrested for being a violent punk rocker:

And he said, "I'll be back!"
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

Nice. Helsinki is a small and really quiet airport and Finnair is a decent airline. If they start doing direct flights with competitive prices It'll be a great option for people in and around the Scandinavistan area that travel to/from Asia on a regular basis. As a part-time misanthrope that fits the bill I approve!
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic