Westerners who are Psychopaths

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nuzen
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Westerners who are Psychopaths

Post by nuzen »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:57 pm
nuzen wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 am
StroppyChops wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:54 am OP- what is your understanding of a 'psychopath'?

Coz googling the meaning of it gives a number of different interpretations/definitions ranging from mild to serious..
I'm wondering if the OP actually means sociopath.
No, I'm the OP, and I meant Psychopath, as in Expats who threaten me, wanting to kill me, or have me dead. In all my years before, I never met such naked evil intent.
... okay. And what's the common factor in those interactions?
Perhaps that was a rhetorical question.
I'm not sure what you are asking.
Who can say? I won't attempt to, because for me the "common factors" and causes are many, intertwined, complex, and are in the depths beyond human intellectual understanding.
Also, I don't really care anymore.

Shit happens, I suppose that's the, or a, common factor.

I wanted to post something and this came up for me, so I framed it into the OP.
End of story.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

No, I'm the OP, and I meant Psychopath, as in Expats who threaten me, wanting to kill me, or have me dead. In all my years before, I never met such naked evil intent.
That's some heavy jelly you seem to be dealing with there dude. I find most people here to be pretty much harmless. It's all about perception. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
nuzen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by nuzen »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 am
That's some heavy jelly you seem to be dealing with there dude. I find most people here to be pretty much harmless. It's all about perception. 8-)
I have no explanation for you, "dude". You've no clue, because I've not and will not explain the specifics, and any details. Think what you wish.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

nuzen wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:22 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 am
I have no explanation for you, "dude". You've no clue, because I've not and will not explain the specifics, and any details. Think what you wish.
Hi there, "dude." You claim to be ex-military. Perhaps you are even ex-special forces. Surely in your capacity in the military, there were plenty of "the enemy" that wanted you dead. C'mon, dude!
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Naked. Evil. Intent. Lighten up, Francis!
SaigonBilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by SaigonBilly »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:44 am
SaigonBilly wrote:I think a lot are Disabled US Veterans with PTSD.
For the simple fact is that they have a monthly compensation from the military for having been injured while in the line of duty.
As opposed to what?

That America should give them nothing while injured protecting our freedoms?

PTSD is caused by the military giving them compensation?

So if soldiers are injured, the government should just kick them out into the street and thus solve the PTSD problem?

I don’t get it.
It's easy to live in Cambodia if you have a disability compensation from the military. You just have to find a bank and get apply for a direct deposit.
It's all good or or it's no good!
:D :evil6:
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Well, I'll try to answer OP's question to the best of my ability. What is my general experience with psychopaths in my decade in Cambodia? Evil, murderous, people? My first neighbour in PP once threatened to kill me as a joke, don't know if he was serious, but to be honest I wasn't very threatened by him (and I'm not hard man). He claimed he was a psychopath, but I think he was just seeking attention. He died from meth abuse. I've met plenty of sociopaths (and for that let's just say for MY meaning here: people with no morals, or people who have no empathy). Most violent or "murderous" aggression I've seen usually sparks from aggravated circumstances, not from people perpetually in extremely dangerous psychological states. I met far more psychopaths growing up in Australia than I ever met here, even if I have met a few too many people who are truly disgusting in other ways. Your case (whatever it may be) I would guess is an anomaly amongst expats. n that's my 2c
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

And remember, deep in every psychopath, there's a Nick Castle somewhere.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Love the part where the OP tried to shame siliconlife for liking titties but he's actually just a big UFO nerd. Good stuff gentlemen
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

fax wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:32 am

Correct me if I am wrong but psychopaths are free of sympathy and empathy and often violent criminals. ....
Lawyers and politicians (who are often lawyers) are often psychopaths who only care about winning regardless of the human cost.
Members of governments, and certain powerful people in any government are often psychopaths.
The mental health profession, soi-disant, has changed the term to anti-social disease or sociopath, but psychopath has stuck.
Being a psychopath can have a lot to do with class differences because difference classes travel in their own worm hole in the apple and don't understand the situation of people in other circumstances.
Expats come to places like Cambo to get away from psychopaths at home.

Something fishy about this thread.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic