Westerners who are Psychopaths

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: Westerners who are Psychopaths

Post by Multipox »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:01 pm ....

I guess everyone will have their own ideas as to what constitutes being 'nutty as a fruit cake' or 'a bit cuckoo'... :whistler:

Being a nutter would include having one's version of reality suddenly change into a false one, but not without reason.

For example, you notice a man standing being you.
Then you see one compartment of your daypack unzipped.
You check for your cell phone, can't find it .
you conclude you have just been pickpocketed.
you follow the man and study him.
you talk to the police
you try to wait to observe the suspect to see what he will do
you consider an act of violence against him, but you control yourself because you still have doubts.
Then later you find your cell phone in another compartment of your daypack.

The misplacement of your phone caused an entirely false scenario to construct itself. Plus some environmental factors like you are in a country known for pickpockets and you consider yourself a target of them.

If such scenarios take over your waking consciousness, perhaps that is a definition of a form of psychosis. Paranoia is too much misuses as an insult these days to be of any use.
But it all depends on having correct information.

This would not be psychopathy in my opinion.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
nuzen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by nuzen »

nuzen wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:41 pm
siliconlife wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:18 pm
fax wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 pm
siliconlife wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:12 am Since this isn't a panel of psychologists, I think a good definition for "psychopath" for this particular thread could be
Someone who starts threads but is too paranoid to answer questions yet compulsively upvotes everything said.
LOL. Can I have another upvote please, OP?
Yes, ok, there's your up vote. Think what you wish about it. I automatically up vote here, as I do on other social media, as a way of saying "Thank you for commenting, I read your post and appreciate that you replied." :)
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I've now stopped my "automatically up vote here, as I do on other social media..." Why? Because this site is a different animal, it's not like other social media I've posted and commented in. My upvoting "compulsively" or whatever ....well, I'm done with that now, on this particular site.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

You seem to have encountered 2 shockingly amoral people. You may have been too trusting in this new environment and revealed too much about yourself.
There are sick characters out there.

Cambo is probably a magnet for intelligence agency types.
But they are boyscouts. Like all governments, they hire low-lifes to do their dirty work for them. This may be the type you met. They may be here to do a job.

If you feel they are threat, the last thing you want to is run.
The way to deal with a threat is to make a plan for dealing with it. Unless you want to run all your life you must become the aggressor.
Sun Tzu says all battles are won or lost before they are ever fought, meaning that most of the work goes into making the right plan before engaging.
That includes observing your enemy to gather information, and assessing your possible weapons, allies, tactics.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Establish dominance early. Maybe growling can help scare away the psychopaths
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

fax wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:09 pm Establish dominance early. Maybe growling can help scare away the psychopaths
Yes, act like one too to make it seem like it's a jungle of psychopaths out there. Then, befriending someone is akin to picking the least dirty shirt to wear for the day.. :plus1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic