Smoking Hot Barang Chick Scams Kampot Minimart Out of $2 Worth of Soft Drinks

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Smoking Hot Barang Chick Scams Kampot Minimart Out of $2 Worth of Soft Drinks

Post by doktor_d »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:47 pm
doktor_d wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:50 pm Why not just move this whole forum to faecesbook if the majority of what's posted on here is a link to faecesbook? A site that is blocking the content for anyone that does not have an account and/or cares about their privacy..

You don't need to sign up to faecesbook to watch the OP's video. It's in the public domain.

Read the error message, you just need to allow it through your ad blocker. :facepalm:
How thick can you get? PRIVACY and faecesbook do not go together.. hence AD-BLOCKER. And even still.. the times I've been on a computer that's not mine and tried to view a faecesbook video I just get told to log in to see the video.. :-o
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Smoking Hot Barang Chick Scams Kampot Minimart Out of $2 Worth of Soft Drinks

Post by Username Taken »

I stand by what I said, "You don't need to log in to watch that video".
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:54 pm I stand by what I said, "You don't need to log in to watch that video".
Haha, CONFIRMED.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

Like I said.. I can't even see a video window as I have everything facebook blocked because I don't want faecesbook's tracking cookies on my device. I don't want my privacy raped by facebook.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

doktor_d wrote:Like I said.. I can't even see a video window as I have everything facebook blocked because I don't want faecesbook's tracking cookies on my device. I don't want my privacy raped by facebook.

Haha, you can't be for real?

I just opened up this page in a PRIVATE/INCOGNITO browser window and was able to see it not logged in.

The only thing about all this that's difficult to comprehend is how you are unable to figure out a way to privately watch a public video on Facebook and then somehow turn this into our fault.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

doktor_d wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:09 pm Like I said.. I can't even see a video window as I have everything facebook blocked because I don't want faecesbook's tracking cookies on my device. I don't want my privacy raped by facebook.

Easy answer here....

Just stay off social media sites (and the internet as well).

That way we don't have to read about you complaining of being raped by facebook.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:30 pm
doktor_d wrote:Like I said.. I can't even see a video window as I have everything facebook blocked because I don't want faecesbook's tracking cookies on my device. I don't want my privacy raped by facebook.

Haha, you can't be for real?

I just opened up this page in a PRIVATE/INCOGNITO browser window and was able to see it not logged in.

The only thing about all this that's difficult to comprehend is how you are unable to figure out a way to privately watch a public video on Facebook and then somehow turn this into our fault.
I'm guessing you are trolling and actually do understand what an ad blocker is and what it does..

it's blocks ad-trackers regardless of incognito mode

I 'get' your frustration, but I do hope you realize you are asking for things that require even more time and energy from the community. Is it not enough that PN took the time to give it a funny title, embed the video from Facebook and even copy over the text about it? Did you say 'thank you' for that at least? Or did you have to pay him for any of his efforts?

I'm not really asking you to DO anything really.. more like asking why you do something. But, making a thread.. Great. Copying over the text.. Great. But then embedding a video that can not be seen by anyone that are not on feacesbook.. not so great. it removes a lot of context from the thread and kind of renders it useless for a lot of people. Kind of like being in a discussion with a group of people that are multilingual and in the middle of the discussion they switch over to a language you do not understand. That kind of excludes you from the discussion.. So I don't really see why I should thank him for that. He is basically just copy and pasting a story over from faecesbook. (The "effort" is making up a clickbaity thread title I guess). I do however see reason to thank him and other posters for contributing all the other content that I am actually able to see. That's what I imagine most people come here to read.

And I guess that disabling the ad-blocker for ceo would actually be kind of like paying him/you for his efforts in a way.. as I assume somebody is paying ceo for those ads you display?
Sure, it would be EVEN BETTER if we went and uploaded the video to a host of YOUR choice so that it's in your chosen ecosystem, but guess what? It was on Facebook. A lot of people do have Facebook, so it's not the end of the world for many, but again, I 'get' your grievance.

I'm not suggesting everything is uploaded to a host of my choice. I'm trying to explain that linking to a closed platform (that many people have no interest in joining for privacy reasons) from an open forum that everyone can see whether they are registered or not makes no sense to me. It removes part of the conversation for a lot of people like for example someone deleting posts in a thread does.. the thread becomes incomplete and unreadable if you don't know what was said in those posts. It makes as much sense as posting a headline and then linking to an article that's behind a paywall or a closed forum. For the people that do not have and do not want access to the site with a paywall or do not want to sign up to another site/forum to read the article all they get is a headline.. To include the whole story and then include the link to the source for reference on the other hand is a completely different thing.
And not only that, but there's also a catch-22: We leave the video where it's originally posted, and some people cry about not being able to see it. We copy it over to YouTube and some people cry about us taking content and abusing the 'fair use' policy of media to be commented on. You see? It's a catch-22. Can't please everyone.

Sure. I get that.
How much time have you dedicated to helping contribute interesting stuff for our community to check out? (And to be clear, I do recall you starting some good topics over the years, but my only point is that I think it's a bit silly to be complaining that it hasn't been uploaded to your medium of choice, especially when it took someone else time to do it and is asking for NOTHING in return from you or anyone.)

Ah.. the 'what have you done for me lately' argument. I used to contribute a lot more earlier (and I didn't ask for in return from you or anyone either) because there was a lot more content on here. That's part of my point. It was easier to be a part of the conversation. It wasn't 30-40% faecesbook links that I couldn't read. It was also a lot more original content from regular posters. It was full of threads like the one from yong. Which is an awesome thread that must take him ridiculous amounts of time and effort.

There were a lot more roadtrip and travel threads.. restaurant reviews.. history, culture, language discussions etc. These days there's very little of that. It's mostly news, (which is what I'm mostly here for these days) one liners, banter and threads about whores. Which I guess is a result of a lot of the regular/long time posters relocating, moving out of the country, dying, migrating to faecesbook groups etc.. and new people with different interests take their place thereby changing the dynamic of the forum.. Some of the old hands are still around but most are replaced by newcomers.. I guess that's just how it is. Things change. I have no problem with that. The content of a forum is more or less what the posters put into it and everyone has to choose whether or not they feel like joining in based on that content and how much it is of interest to them.
I personally thank PN along with each and every person who goes out of their way to find crazy/interesting shenanigans to share on CEO, including you, so I fail to see why you should be so negative that you don't have Facebook and we didn't give it to you in the exact format you would have preferred. And again, not to be sarcastic, but you could easily sign up for Facebook and give them whatever bullshit info you wanted and join various groups, so then you could actually see the videos. You make it sound like you are owed anything in whatever format you choose, but again, I don't recall anyone on here ever asking for anything from you in return, so what are you on about?

Again.. I don't get why you are so obsessed with formats and me being owed anything. I never asked you to do anything. I merely tried to highlight the point that an increasingly part of the posts on here are linking to faecesbook videos and pages and that only faecesbookers have access to many of those. Which imo removes a lot of the value of the forum for other people. Do what you want with that..

And I especially don't get how you could miss from what I posted just how little interest I have in joining faecesbook. Also I have no interest in trying to make a faecesbooker see the negative sides of faecesbook so let's not get into that (It's easier to get a crack addict to go straight). I believe in personal freedom and think people should decide for themselves what they think. You obviously think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and can't see any bad sides to faecesbook. Good for you..
So again, CEO is free. Facebook is free. I don't see how you not having Facebook is the community's problem.
CEO is free. To say faecesbook is free is to dismiss the consequences of their data harvesting and what they use it for now and what it is potentially used for later.

And I don't understand why you constantly try to angle it like I demand that everybody do everything the way I want.. Do whatever you want. It's your forum. :wink:

If you don't care that non-faecesbook users don't have access to an ever growing part of your forum, that's fine. Like I said, I just wanted to highlight the "problem", vent my frustrations with it and get your take on it. I think that it will, in the long run, reduce traffic and content produced on the site you don't seem to think that is the case. Also fine. We disagree that's all.
Do we 'want' to send people to Facebook, lol? No, but it's a necessary evil in 2109. If we could get EVERYONE to stop posting there and only use CEO to post anything about Cambodia on the world wide web, that would kick ass!! :stir: But that's just the way things are.

So, I look at it like this:

Effort it takes by you to be able to see things on a free site known as Facebook: Sign up there for free. Problem solved.

Effort it takes by our community for you to be able to see things for free because you haven't signed up to a free site known as Facebook: Gathering ALL media on Facebook and putting it on here and making damn sure it's hosted in a way that Dr D wants. (And don't fucking dare me to do it, because I just might try that one day. ;P)
Again.. never asked for you to do anything. Run the site whatever way you want dude 8)
That's it. Some media is hosting in a more CEO-friendly format/medium sometimes, and sometimes it's not. Your notion that 'external links' to other websites make no sense at all because why would a site EVER send traffic to another site is just not practical. And again, not attacking you in the least, I just hope to put your 'I don't get it' comment into perspective, that's all. You can decide if it's worth signing up on Facebook for free so that you can see even more free stuff, but if you choose not to, I don't get what the issue is, as everyone with a Facebook account made the same decision you have had to.
Sure, I'm not buttburt.. and I'm not attacking you either (or anyone else for that matter - except for maybe faecesbook :twisted: )

and no.. it's not worth it for me to sign up on faecesbook. I'd rather have someone take the skin off my body with rough sandpaper and then keelhaul me through a septic tank.. :beer:
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

doktor_d wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:09 pm I can't even see a video window as I have everything facebook blocked
Why is that a CEO problem? You know that it doesn't work because you disabled it and you know the way to make it work is to enable it.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yeah.

I use NoScript, because it let's run certain items at ones discretion, versus a blanket blocker.

Even Firefox have a Facebook sandbox now as part of their browser. It prevents them following your Internet activity and targeting adverts based upon that.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

fax wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:45 pm
doktor_d wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:09 pm I can't even see a video window as I have everything facebook blocked
Why is that a CEO problem? You know that it doesn't work because you disabled it and you know the way to make it work is to enable it.
I nailed your shop door shut, and now I can't get into your shop, and it's your fault. What kind of stupid shop is this, anyway?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic