Is there a way to locate a guy in Phnom Pehn?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Cataskung
Tourist
Thailand

Is there a way to locate a guy in Phnom Pehn?

Post by Cataskung »

This may sound weird, but I want to know whereabouts of a guy I've known for about 2 weeks. He is an Australian working as a high school English teacher in Phnom Pehn. We have been chatting with each other everyday via Line, but on Sunday 3rd, February, he sent me a greeting message, and I sent one back but he has never read it. I've keep sending messages to him, but he never reads. He also hasn't logged onto a chat app he logged onto everyday. This is not normal and I'm afraid something might have happened to him. Is there a way to know what is going on? I know only his name (just the name, not full name) and have some of his pictures. Please help me.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Is there a way to locate a guy in Phnom Pehn?

Post by Username Taken »

You've known this guy for 2 weeks, and you know this is not normal.

Perhaps he's gone away for Chinese New Year.

Don't sweat it.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Cataskung wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:04 pm and have some of his pictures.
Could we see pictures anyway? :mrgreen:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Cataskung wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:04 pm This may sound weird, but I want to know whereabouts of a guy I've known for about 2 weeks. He is an Australian working as a high school English teacher in Phnom Pehn. We have been chatting with each other everyday via Line, but on Sunday 3rd, February, he sent me a greeting message, and I sent one back but he has never read it. I've keep sending messages to him, but he never reads. He also hasn't logged onto a chat app he logged onto everyday. This is not normal and I'm afraid something might have happened to him. Is there a way to know what is going on? I know only his name (just the name, not full name) and have some of his pictures. Please help me.
It sounds like he is ghosting you.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:43 pm
Cataskung wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:04 pm This may sound weird, but I want to know whereabouts of a guy I've known for about 2 weeks. He is an Australian working as a high school English teacher in Phnom Pehn. We have been chatting with each other everyday via Line, but on Sunday 3rd, February, he sent me a greeting message, and I sent one back but he has never read it. I've keep sending messages to him, but he never reads. He also hasn't logged onto a chat app he logged onto everyday. This is not normal and I'm afraid something might have happened to him. Is there a way to know what is going on? I know only his name (just the name, not full name) and have some of his pictures. Please help me.
did you mean this kind of...?
pebbles&nightsky
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Maybe he....

- is on a holiday (OK, not likely if he works in a private school)
- lost his phone (likely with all the bagsnatching)
- lost interest in you (decide likeliness yourself)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Cataskung wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:04 pm This may sound weird, but I want to know whereabouts of a guy I've known for about 2 weeks.
Not for nothing but 2 weeks is just about the limit a guy will wait to get sent some nudes. I think you've been virtual reality dumped.
Cataskung wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:04 pmHe is an Australian working as a high school English teacher in Phnom Pehn.
Come on, if this is one of you sods out there in CEO land...fess up.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Artisan wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:04 pm
prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:43 pm
did you mean this kind of...?

This kind:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic