Garden Supplies in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Garden Supplies in Phnom Penh?

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello
Right, so I can enjoy some good old fashioned English cuisine occasionally, and to officially cement my transition into middle age, I've had seeds sent over for Basil, Thyme, Parsley, and Mint. However, as much as I search on Google and Facebook I can't for the life of me find a shop selling garden supplies. Pots, soil, food, etc. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Garden Supplies in PP

Post by Splashback »

Yeah. Aeon is expensive and shit, so avoid. For the basics, I like the plant sellers you see around. There's one on St 360, one near the end of St 105?. They sell potting mix and small pots. O'Russey Market is my go to for insecticides, seedling trays, etc. Most markets have a selection of this stuff. Chbar Ampov is good too for bigger quantities.

Good luck with your tyme and please update on any growing success.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Pots at any market, potting mix at the supermarket (Lucky Premium at Exchange Square has it at least), fertiliser at the places that sell seeds at Orussey Market. Actually they probably have potting mix as well so I'd start there and get everything you want.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Just look for the dozens of nursery's all around PP selling the millions of good luck gold flowers for CNY over the next couple days ...can't miss em. Stop there and get what you need.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Khmer_Risotto
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmer_Risotto »

I have found that the "potting soil" sold at those shops on 163 and the like is just orange clay with a bit of burned rice husks to make them look decent. As soon as you get it wet it turns to clay and when it dries you are left with something closer to concrete than potting soil.

The only decent potting soil i have found is from Twin Agri. 50kg of compost for $10. They will deliver it for a reasonable fee. You can mix it with a bit of sand (10-20%) to give it a bit a weight if you want. They also sell various mixes with worm castings if you want some natural fertilizer.

https://www.facebook.com/twinagri
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Garden Supplies in Phnom Penh?

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello Everyone

OK - got some potting soil sorted - to be delivered, nice.

But no joy with pots. Tried two markets (but I am prone to go kind of blind in the markets, admittedly).

Can anyone give me a 100% definite place I can grab some plastic pots, without having to go too far out of town?

Thanks in advance.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Can get pots at Orussey, Old Market. Kandal Market. Just show someone a photo on your phone and they will point the way.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

big nursery off the roundabout on the end of the bridge chroy changvar side
on the right
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Bayon Supermarket has pots upstairs.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic