Social Credit - it’s evil and scary

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Social Credit - it’s evil and scary

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

After the First World War the Middle East got into the control of the West. The map and borders are drown by the West. The rulers are set and changed by the West. If the West would stop interfering there would be at least a problem less.
What you say just shows how influenced you are by those enemy images the western mainstream medias are presenting.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

you mean you are fine with that you country or the west are exploiting countries and the resources, leaving behind dust and ashes, as long as their own people leave comfortably? But then come back as missionaries and ngos to show them the light.?
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

johnny lightning wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:42 pm Sorry, but most of those "sorrys" are examples of PC gone mad in the west and have little to do with government suppression. We have become so cowed by the screaming left that the government doesn't actually have to do anything!

Johnny
government pressure exerted quietly in the background is behind a lot of those so called pc gone made events: like the bank that cancelled the account of the inventor of Defense Distributed.
Sorry.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

That's one example I can't say I am particularly sorry about.

Johnny
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Street cleaners in parts of China are reportedly being forced to wear GPS-tracking smartwatches so employers can monitor how hard they work, sparking public outrage and concern over increasing mass surveillance across the country.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-17/ ... bwXtD6iPN8
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

Soon they will skip the pretense and just start "chipping" everyone at birth. George would love this!

Johnny
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Hard to believe that I just read this...

Darwin rolls out CCP surveillance tech

By Houses and Holes in Australian Politicsat 12:12 am on May 9, 2019 | 42 comments

Australia is preparing to debut its version of the Chinese regime’s high-tech system for monitoring and controlling its citizens. The launch, to take place in the northern city of Darwin, will include systems to monitor people’s activity via their cell phones.

The new system is based on monitoring programs in Shenzhen, China, where the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is testing its Social Credit System. Officials on the Darwin council traveled to Shenzhen, according to NT News, to “have a chance to see exactly how their Smart Technology works prior to being fully rolled out.”

In Darwin, they’ve already constructed “poles, fitted with speakers, cameras and Wi-Fi,” according to NT News, to monitor people, their movements around the city, the websites they visit, and what apps they use. The monitoring will be done mainly by artificial intelligence, but will alert authorities based on set triggers.

rest here

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2019/0 ... ance-tech/
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

One part of me embraces, with caveats, the other part of me crumbles beneath the reality of this. The feeling of no escape, of being a pawn, of scenes from the Matrix.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The village testing China’s social credit system: driven by big data, its citizens earn a star rating
Set to be rolled out by next year, the scheme is the nation’s most ambitious project in social engineering since the Cultural Revolution. Whether it eventually creates an Orwellian dystopia, or an honest, harmonious society, as intended, remains to be seen
Sophia Yan
Published: 2:00pm, 2 Jun, 2019
Sleepy Yangqiao village sits among tea bushes and pomegranate trees in eastern Zhejiang province. It is also at the forefront of China’s most ambitious social-engineer­ing project since the Cultural Revolution, which spanned 10 years from 1966.

Posted by every front door in Yangqiao is a sign ranking the household on a scale of one to five stars for courtyard tidiness, observance of laws, recycling and rubbish disposal, financial credit and “family values”. These ratings feed into a score assigned to each resident – from 0 to 100 points – available via a digital dashboard in the village hall, where people can report themselves and their neighbours for “good” deeds (ardent dedication to your job earns three points) or “bad” ones (littering in the river docks incurs the loss of five points).

Villagers with better scores can enjoy perks such as free soap, napkins and more credit with lower interest rates. Soon, those with lower scores will be named and shamed on a blacklist posted on a commu­nity bulletin board.

Yangqiao, a community of 1,200, is an unlikely pioneer of the government’s social credit system, first envisioned in the 1990s. Blending Western-style financial credit scores with broader measures, the approach aims to regulate the behaviour of com­panies and individuals. Citizens who conduct themselves in the approved manner can benefit from on-the-spot loans and better job prospects. Those found guilty of infractions can find them­selves blacklisted and denied high-speed train tickets or denounced in public.

Full article: https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-mag ... dit-system
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:57 pm Posted by every front door in Yangqiao is a sign ranking the household on a scale of one to five stars for courtyard tidiness, observance of laws, recycling and rubbish disposal, financial credit and “family values”. These ratings feed into a score assigned to each resident – from 0 to 100 points – available via a digital dashboard in the village hall, where people can report themselves and their neighbours for “good” deeds (ardent dedication to your job earns three points) or “bad” ones (littering in the river docks incurs the loss of five points).

Villagers with better scores can enjoy perks such as free soap, napkins and more credit with lower interest rates. Soon, those with lower scores will be named and shamed on a blacklist posted on a commu­nity bulletin board.
Abhorrent subjugation :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic