Social Credit - it’s evil and scary

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Social Credit - it’s evil and scary

Post by Anchor Moy »

All I can say is that numerous prostitutes and gangsters all seem to have made the trip safely from mainland China to Sihanoukville without being stopped at the border. In other words, the Chinese authorities chose to let them leave the country.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:48 am All I can say is that numerous prostitutes and gangsters all seem to have made the trip safely from mainland China to Sihanoukville without being stopped at the border. In other words, the Chinese authorities chose to let them leave the country.
But it take's two to tango on the dance floor and Cambodia chooses to let them in.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Duncan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:23 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:48 am All I can say is that numerous prostitutes and gangsters all seem to have made the trip safely from mainland China to Sihanoukville without being stopped at the border. In other words, the Chinese authorities chose to let them leave the country.
But it take's two to tango on the dance floor and Cambodia chooses to let them in.
Lol. Cambodia lets more or less anyone in. Like all of us, for example. 8)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Multipox wrote:So the Chinese govt creates millions of people as social outcasts who start to form their own outsider society.
When it reaches critical mass it becomes a force for rebellion.
Chinese government restricts their movement. No trains, no planes, possibly no taxis. Watched all the time on video, all cell phone and internet data monitored. How are these outsiders going to form their own society?

And are their organs still viable at the time of their arrest?

Sorry, there is a huge chasm of difference between the PRC and West.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:24 pm ....
Sorry, there is a huge chasm of difference between the PRC and West.
Sorry, Paypal preventing people from making money with their site if their political views are not right.
Sorry, a bank cancelling the account of the guy who started Defense Distributed (at the behest of guess which government)
Sorry, Certain youtube accounts with certain viewpoints prevented from monetizing their channels.
Sorry, Milo Yiannopoulos prevented from entering Australia just because of his political viewpoints which the governments says are not moral enough.
Sorry, the youtube channel of anarchist "Josey Outlaw" disappearing without a trace (mmm, wonder who told youtube i.e., google to do that or get one of their licenses cancelled).
Sorry, Microsoft buy Tumblr then promptly cancels the accounts of many many people not for violation of TOS.
Sorry, Twitter doing the same.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

sorry?
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

Prophetic.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

Sorry, but most of those "sorrys" are examples of PC gone mad in the west and have little to do with government suppression. We have become so cowed by the screaming left that the government doesn't actually have to do anything!

Johnny
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

We easterners envy the west, as their basic rights are so well protected. :bow: please come over and give us some rights. Joking, stay out we like to be oppressed. Unlike to eastern societies, the western people have a free and open mind and are intellectually high developed. All of us are manipulated in some way or another. You guys think china's AI tech and spying softwares are more developed and more in use than in the western countries? Or do you want to say your Constitutions are protecting you? So glad you guys are not manipulated as we are and are absolutely not arrogant and ignorant and want to open our eyes.
Thx again we really don't appreciate it enough.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

In Western societies, the media is supposed to be the watchdog of government and keeps it in check. Unfortunately, media is often aligned with a political party and abdicates their job of protecting its citizens. However they do their job sometimes. How else would we know and be discussing all the ways the government eavesdrops on us?

Whether or not easterners enjoy rights and freedom or enjoy being oppressed is up to them.

However, I do not see a beeline of westerners renouncing their home citizenship to be a citizen of North Korea or Syria or Iran.

I do see a lot of easterners wanting a chance to become citizens in a western country. Except for Thais, of course.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic