Social Credit - it’s evil and scary

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Social Credit - it’s evil and scary

Post by Phnom Poon »

Multipox wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:58 pm There are lists and registries, they don't tell you about.
The secret policeman's ball for example

monstra mihi bona!
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: Social Credit - it’s great!

Post by Multipox »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:57 pm

So the Chinese govt creates millions of people as social outcasts who start to form their own outsider society.
When it reaches critical mass it becomes a force for rebellion.
Then all the little boyscout Chinese bureaucrats who enforced it start bobbing their heads up and down.

In the West, they like to create pariah groups. Make people afraid of a fake enemy.
Same thing.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

very pleased to see everyone is onboard with reality.
it is really tinfoil hat stuff cept it is real.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:12 pm No powerful government better than the other. East or west, south or north. same same but different. “Control the masses and stay in charge at any costs” Democracy is a lie. Laws are for the powerless.
True leaders always die young, Che, King, JFK, Gaddafi and so on. Manipulative and ruthless “leaders” control the world, as usual. Indeed scary but I almost get used to it. Luckily we’re all creatures of habit.
I'm not sure I'd say Gaddafi died young at the age of 69, but you can debate whether he should have been assassinated that way. Fun fact: Gaddafi was the world's richest man, with a net worth of 212 billion USD!
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

The good die young. “Richest” Says who. I think Haus of Saud, Rockefellers and Rothschilds have much more.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Let’s not forget the oligarchs and Chinese as well. He was by far not the richest.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Scary control of movement.

China bans 23m from buying travel tickets as part of 'social credit' system
People accused of social offences blocked from booking flights and train journeys

Lily Kuo in Beijing

Fri 1 Mar 2019 13.48 GMT
China blocked 23 million “discredited” travellers from buying plane or train tickets last year as part of the country’s controversial “social credit” system aimed at improving the behaviour of citizens.

According to the National Public Credit Information Centre’s 2018 report, 17.5 million people were banned from buying flights and 5.5 million barred from purchasing high-speed train tickets because of social credit offences. The report released last week said: “Once discredited, limited everywhere”.

The social credit system aims to incentivise “trustworthy” behaviour through penalties as well as rewards. According to a government document about the system dating from 2014, the aim is to “allow the trustworthy to roam everywhere under heaven while making it hard for the discredited to take a single step.”

Social credit offences range from not paying individual taxes or fines to spreading false information and taking drugs. More minor violations include using expired tickets, smoking on a train or not walking a dog on a leash.

Local governments and agencies have been piloting aspects of the system, which will eventually give every Chinese citizen a personalised score. Critics saidauthorities in China were using technology and big data to create an Orwellian state of mass surveillance and control.

Authorities have previously used blacklists to limit the travel of some citizens, but the social credit system appears to have expanded the practice. China’s supreme court said in 2017 that 6.15 million citizens had been barred from taking flights because of social credit offences.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... dit-system
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:01 pm Scary control of movement.

China bans 23m from buying travel tickets as part of 'social credit' system
People accused of social offences blocked from booking flights and train journeys

Lily Kuo in Beijing

Fri 1 Mar 2019 13.48 GMT
China blocked 23 million “discredited” travellers from buying plane or train tickets last year as part of the country’s controversial “social credit” system aimed at improving the behaviour of citizens.

According to the National Public Credit Information Centre’s 2018 report, 17.5 million people were banned from buying flights and 5.5 million barred from purchasing high-speed train tickets because of social credit offences. The report released last week said: “Once discredited, limited everywhere”.

The social credit system aims to incentivise “trustworthy” behaviour through penalties as well as rewards. According to a government document about the system dating from 2014, the aim is to “allow the trustworthy to roam everywhere under heaven while making it hard for the discredited to take a single step.”

Social credit offences range from not paying individual taxes or fines to spreading false information and taking drugs. More minor violations include using expired tickets, smoking on a train or not walking a dog on a leash.

Local governments and agencies have been piloting aspects of the system, which will eventually give every Chinese citizen a personalised score. Critics saidauthorities in China were using technology and big data to create an Orwellian state of mass surveillance and control.

Authorities have previously used blacklists to limit the travel of some citizens, but the social credit system appears to have expanded the practice. China’s supreme court said in 2017 that 6.15 million citizens had been barred from taking flights because of social credit offences.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... dit-system

2017 that 6.15 million citizens had been barred from taking flights because of social credit offences.

I guess that is why they are arriving in shitsville by the boatload these days.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Duncan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:50 am 2017 that 6.15 million citizens had been barred from taking flights because of social credit offences.

I guess that is why they are arriving in shitsville by the boatload these days.
It' s not so far-fetched to imagine that some of our new residents have been shipped here to work, or at the least, 'permitted' to come here by the Chinese authorities. China's population is expanding, so why not export the troublemakers and keep the sheep ?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic