Job Search; Getting a job as an accountant in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
[email protected]
Tourist
Zimbabwe

Job Search; Getting a job as an accountant in Cambodia

Post by [email protected] »

Hi everyone.

I am a new user. I am looking forward to coming to Cambodia to look for work. How hard is it to get a job as an Accountant?
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Job Search; Getting a job as an accountant in Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

[email protected] wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:23 am Hi everyone.

I am a new user. I am looking forward to coming to Cambodia to look for work. How hard is it to get a job as an Accountant?
Every young person gets a BBA degree in 'accounting' and they are a dime a dozen. Starting wage is $200 a month. A Real accountant might get more, but there's also lots of Khmer doing it, with the essential bilingualism that goes along with it. If you speak Khmer, maybe you can get $500 or more.

It's hard to make money in Cambodia for Barang. Maybe if you got a job with an Embassy or NGO sector, or UN.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

On another post Ricky said that he does not live here and never worked here so please take all that as speculation.

There are numerous foreign accountants making more than $500.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

fax wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:37 am On another post Ricky said that he does not live here and never worked here so please take all that as speculation.

There are numerous foreign accountants making more than $500.
how much?
[email protected]
Tourist
Zimbabwe

Thanks for your replies I will try opening an Accountanting firm if possible.I hope there are other lucrative opportunities.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

[email protected] wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:10 pm Thanks for your replies I will try opening an Accountanting firm if possible.I hope there are other lucrative opportunities.
Wow wow wow... Let's calm down for a sec. Opening a business in Cambodia? Do you know what that entails? Do you have enough tea money? Do you know anything about the business landscape in Cambodia? You can open an "Accountanting" firm, but can you find the labor to keep your company afloat? Please do some research. Please.
Even if an increasing number of Cambodians are enrolling in universities, the universities are absolutely worthless and don't really set up students for success.
Someone on this forum said "if you wish to take a million out of Cambodia, you must bring two."
[email protected]
Tourist
Zimbabwe

Okay!I get you so how do one make money in Cambodia.I mean lucrative opportunities?
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

[email protected] wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 am Okay!I get you so how do one make money in Cambodia.I mean lucrative opportunities?
That is the million dollar Question.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Out of work accountants, welders, and bricklayers generally get good-paying TEFL jobs, up to $2,000 per month. Just duck duck go it and there's plenty of job information there.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

[email protected] wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:10 pm Thanks for your replies I will try opening an Accountanting firm if possible.I hope there are other lucrative opportunities.
Check regs before you do or you could wind up in Jail. I think lawyers and accountants in cambodia now have to pass the relevant Cambodian exams to practice legally. if you do accounts for australians in australia online and just park your bum here no problem. Only a few places are licensed to do tax returns and you would need to be familair with all the rules on receipts. you cannot claim vat if the receipt is not acording to government spec and so on
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic