James Whitlow (aka Whildlow) is scamming local restaurants

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

James Whitlow (aka Whildlow) is scamming local restaurants

Post by Cam Nivag »

There was a thread here about a year ago discussing how James Whitlow (aka Whildlow) scammed $1500 from Ned by saying he could sort out a problem with Ned's landlord:

topic16330.html

It seems Whitlow/Whildlow is still scamming. He has been calling restaurants asking for food deliveries and claiming that he'll pay them tomorrow, and then he never pays. This is from the Phnom Penh & Expat Forum on Facebook.

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: James Whitlow (aka Whildlow) is scamming local restaurants

Post by General Mackevili »

Wow, he gets around. James Whitlow is a full-time scammer.

And it looks like he's been using yet another fake profile account to scam people, as someone posted this as well:

ImageImage

Text from the original Facebook post:
Spoiler:
Warning from SwissFoodAsia to all hotels and food suppliers. This customer has cheated us of food twice in the last 3 months and has changed his FB profile twice.
He also escaped from 2 hotels without paying the outstanding bill.
Does anyone know this alleged $2000 teacher and has had similar experiences?

James Whildlow
Hi ,sorry to ask at this hour, but as your the only place open right now and I have had your awesome pizza in the past...I was wondering if you might consider my plea for a HUGE favor!É! haha
I work at Brightline international school and my payday was in fact today...well I guess yesterday due to the current hour (should have been 25th) but typically, due to admin issues with my new bank account and our payroll department both suffering with a case of miscommunication, I have not been paid yet and i will get paid in cash tomorrow. So as would be my luck, I now have the mega-munchies. Not sure if you take card payments, if so then visa as I can give you my UK card info to pay, but otherwise maybe you wouldn't mind if I order something now and pay you tomorrow afternoon? I live at the Jasmine Villa, near to NagaI guess. Sorry to ask, but if you can help you would be saving my night from total misery! haha Cheers.
Swiss Food Asia
Yes
u can order
James Whildlow
James
Cheers pal! Will check the menu now. Hopefully you will put a smile on the Mrs face too! haha Let you know in 5mins then.
Swiss Food Asia
okay
James Whildlow
James
Ok, so... 1 x Peperoni pizza, 1 x 4 Cheese pizza, and 1 country fries with pepper sauce please. Oh, and if poss also 1 bottle, or 4 cans of Coke too. Cheers. Street 398, Corner 63. Just behind the Thai Huot supermarket. Thanks again mate!
Swiss Food Asia
Excuse me u can u share yr address please
James Whildlow
James
Yeah, its street 398, corner of street 63.
Swiss Food Asia
oh i see already on map
James Whildlow
James
Behind the Thai Huot Supermarket.
Swiss Food Asia
room number please
James Whildlow
James
Room 8, top floor. Only 2 floors up, but driver can call me down if easier.
Just let me know how much, and where to bring the money so I can pop over tomorrow. Thanks again.
Swiss Food Asia
total 33.75$
Tomorrow Afternoon what time we can go take money
James Whildlow
James
Yeah, no worries. Is tomoz around 6pm ok for you
Swiss Food Asia
okay
James Whildlow
James
Cool. See ya.
Sat 6:40 PM
Swiss Food Asia
Hello madam. I would like to go to take the money from last night please.
Sun 10:54 AM
James Whildlow
James
hi there , sorry i did not get back to you last night , I didnt get the message untill this morning ....ok so what it is , is the school i work for didnt add my account to payroll so conseqently im to waitt until Monday as they dont have tthe cash in the school ,impretrty imbarased with this rubbish but sure thing i will go in at 8am tomorrow and get my pay and before i start the work i will come to meet you with the money plus i will put some extra in for the wait , im very sorry for this but really could not be helped due to the stupid accounts dept my work , i have had major talks over this even explained about my situation ,but there we have it Monday ha ha( so tonight who knows what we shall eat but the school are gonna get a bill for it tomorrow (*not that they will cover the cost ) , thank you for the help and my apologies for the wait and before 9 am i will call you to meet with the bill and something extra for the delay.
james.
Swiss Food Asia
Dear James we happy to help but i can really not understand how foreigners can t live here and not even have the money for pay the food
Please go to a friend borrow some money from him and bring it to our location
Happy to help for emergency but we are not the red cross thanks for pay the open bill today
James Whildlow
James
excuse me are you insinuating dont work!!!! ilive here and earn 2k and month and its enough , so i have a steady life style eat out everyday and im the coach of the bkk1 football team i do a six day a week job 2 in which i do for free to help people who do not have anything its unfortunate that people do live here with NOTHING i agree, But do not insinuate im a free loader !!! as im not!!! i will pay the 35 dollars and will try to do so today , as for the red cross well as your a business one didnt think it was for FREE !!!!! i apologise for the delay and i will bring to the location sent me , thank you
Image1
Swiss Food Asia
Great thank you so much for your understand. We are happy to serve you
James Whildlow
James
Mon 5:54 PM
James Whildlow
James
Hiya mate I have not forgotten and will be to the location slthis evening .. just waiting on the misses .
Swiss Food Asia

Seen by James Whildlow at Monday 8:07pm
Mon 10:21 PM
Swiss Food Asia
Hello
How how about this evening please?
2:15 PM
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Three things:

1:Congratulations on learning how to spell and upon the use of paragraphs, James. Thats a turn up for the books.

2:Wasn't he verified as being in immigration lockup last year? How did he wangle out of that one?

3: Anytime anybody uses the word "pal" in a discussion or negotiation where they want something from you; it's probably a trap.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Ned Kelly the notorious water spiller said that he was in immigration but Ned Kelly also believed James Whitlow would strongman his landlord so perhaps he doesnt have the best judgement
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

What an absolute wasteman
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Are you sure its the same guy? I remember that guy's ability to write English rivaled that Ellis chicks, akin to punching the keyboard and seeing what letters came out, yet these seem a lot better written/
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Maybe he has a ghostwriter
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

No money for beer meaning no drunk posts
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

It turns out Whitlow actually was staying at Jasmine Terrace Villa, where he requested food delivery. I messaged them on Facebook when I saw this thread to warn them he might try to leave without paying. Apparently, I messaged too late or they checked their messages too late. He skipped out from Jasmine Terrace Villa without paying.

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

The guy is heading for a serious beating if he stays in Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic