Rent a camera or man for a day..

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Rent a camera or man for a day..

Post by whiteribbon »

Hi,
does someone have a decent photo camera I cant rent for a day in Kep or Kampot? Or a cameraman that takes the pictures for me?

I got quoted $300 today for taking pictures of my holiday rental, thought that was a bit much, or am I wrong?
My Iphone pictures don't do justice to the place,
if you can help out with taking some amazing pictures I can offer you an amazing holiday in Kep and your costs and extras of course!
Let me know and I'm sure we can work something out!
just noise, white noise
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Rent a camera or man for a day..

Post by phuketrichard »

$300 for a half day of shooting, photo editing and supplying 15-20 good shots for commercial use by someone that knows what they are doing is about average...
Keep in mind you want someone that knows what their dong and as your using the photos to promote your rental
a picture is worth a 1,000 words

Agoda pays its photographers $15/shot and the minimum for a shoot is 15 photos
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Airbnb charges about $80 I think, if you're listed with them.

Alternatively if there is a half decent real estate agent in Kampot, you could ask them and offer $50 or something?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:24 pm Airbnb charges about $80 I think, if you're listed with them.

Alternatively if there is a half decent real estate agent in Kampot, you could ask them and offer $50 or something?
Thanks Timmy, could be good if most of the estate agents here wouldn't take worse pictures than me with my phone. Still looking into all the options, found out 300 for a full day shoot is actually a normal price, had no idea. Might be cheaper in the long run to buy myself a decent camera and spend some time to learn photoshop.
just noise, white noise
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if u hire someone,ask how many photos they will give u edited,(cleaned up, color balanced, etc etc)

When i worked for a interior designer i charged $400 for half day shooting, (plenty of time to do a 4 bedroom house)
and gave them 30-40 pics
I worked for agoda for 6 months but quit

Buying a good camera is 20% at best, to getting a quality shot
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

whiteribbon wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:24 pm Airbnb charges about $80 I think, if you're listed with them.

Thanks Timmy, could be good if most of the estate agents here wouldn't take worse pictures than me with my phone. Still looking into all the options, found out 300 for a full day shoot is actually a normal price, had no idea. Might be cheaper in the long run to buy myself a decent camera and spend some time to learn photoshop.
Well it was just a thought because - at least at decent agent in the city - they usually have a decent camera with a wide angle lens. Tried asking in the Kampot expats FB group?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

If it was me, I would be buying a decent camera, installing Linux and learning GIMP to edit photos. Everything in Linux is free.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

explorer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:01 pm If it was me, I would be buying a decent camera, installing Linux and learning GIMP to edit photos. Everything in Linux is free.
You can use GIMP on a Mac as well, it's still possible, I used to be able to do all that stuff. But unfortunately It's like my French, if I don't use it for a while I forget. Have to learn it all over again. But at least the website and logo is almost done, will take some weeks and many google searches but I'll get there.
just noise, white noise
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Dont forget the pictures have be vertical and translated into chinese !
TOday i was lookign at holiday rnetals in greece and south of france at about 50% of what they want in snooky and lampot. Chinese must be bonkers. EUR 250k spent on a property in greece (5 beds, full size pool) gets them 5 year resident permit they can use anywhere in Europe. they don't even have to live in the damn thing. Why ot why would someone pay the smae price in cambodia :-(
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

pczz wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:51 pm Dont forget the pictures have be vertical and translated into chinese !
TOday i was lookign at holiday rnetals in greece and south of france at about 50% of what they want in snooky and lampot. Chinese must be bonkers. EUR 250k spent on a property in greece (5 beds, full size pool) gets them 5 year resident permit they can use anywhere in Europe. they don't even have to live in the damn thing. Why ot why would someone pay the smae price in cambodia :-(
I only started a month and a half ago, 70% occupancy already and never had a Chinese guest. They are welcome though, I'm not of a racist disposition like you. Had many Chinese guests in my previous holiday rentals, never a problem. $250K wouldn't even get you a 1 bedroom flat in a decent EU city, there's a reason Greece is cheap.
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic