CamPu Bank Sees Strong Gains

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

CamPu Bank Sees Strong Gains

Post by General Mackevili »

Cambodia Public Bank (Campu Bank), a subsidiary of the Malaysian Public Bank Group (PBB), posted strong gains during the first nine months of the year.

According to an October 23 financial statement, PPB’s Cambodian subsidiary posted a year-on-year profits increase of more than 45 per cent. Overseas operations contributed 7.5 per cent to before-tax profits for the firm.

“Cambodian Public Bank… registered a strong double-digit pre-tax profit growth of 48.7 per cent to USD $40 million as compared to the corresponding period in 2013 and is among the top three largest banks in Cambodia,” chairman of PPB, Tan Sri The, said in the filing.

Campu Bank loans also increased to $809 million at the third-quarter mark, up 10 per cent. Impaired loans in Cambodia, meanwhile, continue to decline year-on-year for PPB.

Phan Ying Tong, PPB’s regional head of Indo-China operations said a 22 per cent increase in Campu Bank customer deposits during the nine-month period and loan growth significantly contribute to the promising performance.

“Banks performed much better in tandem with [Cambodia’s)]much improved economy,” Ying Tong said in an email.

“Business sentiment and foreign investments are also.....

...click link to continue reading...

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/c ... t-9-months
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Gaudente
Expatriate

Re: CamPu Bank Sees Strong Gains

Post by Gaudente »

so how are we supposed to profit from this considering the bank shares are not quoted and the interest rates offered on its fixed deposits http://www.cpbebank.com/cpeb/index.html are plain miserable ?
blockhead
Expatriate

Re: CamPu Bank Sees Strong Gains

Post by blockhead »

I had to join them when I got a job and found them particularly useless. Is this how business is do e in Malaysia? I felt embarrassed for the staff, real amateurs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic