Things of Indo.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Things of Indo.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

So my return to the west didn't last that long and I'm back in Indonesia for a couple of months. I still like taking pics...so here's some from the last week.
I'm not exactly sure why I'm attracted to bikes cemented to walls, or why Indonesia has so many of them. But here's a bike on a wall.
I came across one fisherman standing under a type of look-out made from drift wood. What its purpose is on a deserted beach I'm not sure. I like to think that someone just built the structure for the hell of it with it having no purpose at all.
There's nothing better at the end of a day than taking a spin, through the rice fields.
I'd pulled over to take a break from riding when this chap pulled up in front of me. When a masked man carrying what appears to be a gun takes interest in you, he gets your full attention. Fortunately the air rifle had been converted into a fishing harpoon with attached reel to wind the catch in. He was doing surprisingly well from an irrigation ditch, I thought
A close up of the beach artwork. It must be art because the wood used is too elaborate for simply building purposes. Or building porpoises.
I do find local female dress appealing. Especially when worn by beautiful women.
I could hear these young martial artists going through their paces behind a high wall. Once I popped my head around the corner it seemed this group became somewhat more vigorous in their practice. One particular young chap was so engaged in his efforts, it wouldn't have surprised me to see one of his limbs go spiraling off into the air.
Nope, no idea. I just like it. I think it's a scarecrow...lost. A karate scarecrow.
This is an old Australian car from around 1962 Holden EK??? I found in the fucking middle of nowhere. Well, twenty kilometres out of Jogyakarta. It's almost in pristine condition.
There's a square I take coffee at full of chess playing rogues.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Things of Indo.

I met a guy at a restaurant who asked if I wanted to go to a wedding the other other night. It turned out to be his wedding.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

amazing the people you meet when u travel;
once reason i actually prefer to travel alone is ur easier to approach and strike up a conversation with

PLUS not to mention if u travel and take photos u cant be concerned with someone traveling with ya, (at least i have found that)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Great pics, as always.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Damn, Hillbilly, well done!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 pm amazing the people you meet when u travel;
once reason i actually prefer to travel alone is ur easier to approach and strike up a conversation with

PLUS not to mention if u travel and take photos u cant be concerned with someone traveling with ya, (at least i have found that)
I agree having the flexibility to make decisions, meet others and taking off on a whim without having to consider anyone certainly offers a lot of freedom. And having someone tagging along while looking for photo opportunities is just a pain in the butt - for the other person as well, I'm sure.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Some very cool pics. Thanks for sharing more.
I have noticed the bicycle thing I'll have to keep my eyes open
Still here, in country...
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

I've been carrying a bit of a fever the last few days so haven't got out much. went for a walk to the chemist this morning which offered a chance for maybe finding some photos on the street.

Always stop to feed or play with a cat.

Roots growing through a road.

That's maybe five hats to spray paint.

Glad he has to wear that conical hat and not sit on it.

10 000 Indonesian rupiah or 70 US cents for a hair cut.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Hillbilly, how do you get this great color contrast in your photos? The colors are really vibrant. Do you use editing software or is it all natural?
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:21 pm Image
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

Great pics Hillbilly
I think you missed uploading the old Holden ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic