Australian, Garry Paul Mulroy, Arrested for Child Sex Abuse in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Australian, Garry Paul Mulroy, Arrested for Child Sex Abuse in Siem Reap

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: i think i will reserve judgement on this,once i see APLE i cringe :stir:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

explorer wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:33 pm I dont know anything about this person. But I do know some people are falsely accused.
True, but his FB page does not exactly bolster his case...

DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

You never know maybe he was a “saint”. I agree don’t judge to quick.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I agree innocent until proven guilty.

This situation does reveal a sad truth. Anyone of good intention and of pure motive would not see the dangers and the weirdness of associating with and posting pictures of boys like that. (wasn't there another recent case like this, and the guy had so many similar photo's)

Children love attention and naturally crave physical contact. When I was in Teacher training, we took a course called "Teachers and the Law" and we were advised how to protect ourselves from any suspicion or potential accusation. The problem with all of that avoidance of liability is that it doesn't serve the children's best interests, if the adult is sincere and to be trusted.

What a conundrum, and I know it well. While in my heart I want to help and do more while on the ground (and I have had several invitations to become involved and associated with org's) I steered clear if it all, for this very reason, and for fear of this kind of result. The risks are not worth it and while this guy may be guilty as hell, he was also a sitting duck, and was prime for taking down in this way, as he looked guilty just by looking at his photo's

Again, I feel sad that a man, any man cannot be of much use to children in Cambodia, unless he just wants to go about his affairs and give some $$'s to a responsible organization that does a good job. But again, it doesn't serve the best interest of the children, they do need good male role models, and the best of them; the smartest and wisest would never risk it.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:18 am You never know maybe he was a “saint”. I agree don’t judge to quick.
Something like 70 of the Catholic church's saints were Catholic priests. Catholic priests also have their own patron saint.

Catholic leaders in Texas name 286 priests and others accused of abusing minors
Friday, February 01, 2019, 3:51PM Pittsburgh Post Gazette[

/www.post-gazette.com/news/faith-religio ... use-minors[/i

:beer1: I am not quick to judge but your thought that he may be a "saint" reads more like an indictment than a defence.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

RickyBobby wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:40 am I agree innocent until proven guilty.

This situation does reveal a sad truth. Anyone of good intention and of pure motive would not see the dangers and the weirdness of associating with and posting pictures of boys like that. (wasn't there another recent case like this, and the guy had so many similar photo's)

Children love attention and naturally crave physical contact. When I was in Teacher training, we took a course called "Teachers and the Law" and we were advised how to protect ourselves from any suspicion or potential accusation. The problem with all of that avoidance of liability is that it doesn't serve the children's best interests, if the adult is sincere and to be trusted.

What a conundrum, and I know it well. While in my heart I want to help and do more while on the ground (and I have had several invitations to become involved and associated with org's) I steered clear if it all, for this very reason, and for fear of this kind of result. The risks are not worth it and while this guy may be guilty as hell, he was also a sitting duck, and was prime for taking down in this way, as he looked guilty just by looking at his photo's

Again, I feel sad that a man, any man cannot be of much use to children in Cambodia, unless he just wants to go about his affairs and give some $$'s to a responsible organization that does a good job. But again, it doesn't serve the best interest of the children, they do need good male role models, and the best of them; the smartest and wisest would never risk it.
I do agree with some of your sentiments but he does not help his case by the photos and comments he posted. Maybe he is just a naive and blue-eyed guy wanting to help, but Cambodia is no place for nativity I am afraid.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Exactly the same reason I told the missus to stop sending to me or posting pictures of her in the shower room hosing down her nephews with the bum gun. The rascals also like swimming on the floor after being hosed down.

What may fly as innocent activities in Cambodia might be construed in a different light among foreigner eyes.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

hanno wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:45 am
RickyBobby wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:40 am I agree innocent until proven guilty.

I do agree with some of your sentiments but he does not help his case by the photos and comments he posted. Maybe he is just a naive and blue-eyed guy wanting to help, but Cambodia is no place for nativity I am afraid.
My suspicion is that the situation is exactly as reported. I was also just pointing out how easy it would be to fuck someone up who was sincerely and naively trying to be of service to people.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:50 am Exactly the same reason I told the missus to stop sending to me or posting pictures of her in the shower room hosing down her nephews with the bum gun. The rascals also like swimming on the floor after being hosed down.

What may fly as innocent activities in Cambodia might be construed in a different light among foreigner eyes.
Right? The photos of little naked boys abound and are totally innocent in this culture. They think nothing of it, its just cute; but you don't want people sending them to you. I had to send a similar advisory.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic