23 Cars Stopped by Police for Black Window Screens

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

23 Cars Stopped by Police for Black Window Screens

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville, Cambodia News: On January 30, 2019, at 4:30 pm, police from the department controlling weapons and explosives coordinated with Sihanoukville traffic police to install a vehicle check-point at Sangkat 3, Sihanoukville.

85 cars and 25 motorbikes were stopped at the police check-point, and vehicles and passengers were searched for illegal weapons. 23 cars had their black plastic sunshield stickers removed from windows by police. It seems that they are illegal.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 23 Cars Stopped by Police for Black Window Screens

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: when i was having my 50th in 2011 i had a joint do with a mate and ezecom Tony was stopped on the way to the Party for having Black window screens on his SUV so it,s a llaw thats been around for a while :hattip:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

traffic enforcement always goes up around holiday time... chinese new year this week
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:54 am :beer3: when i was having my 50th in 2011 i had a joint do with a mate and ezecom Tony was stopped on the way to the Party for having Black window screens on his SUV so it,s a llaw thats been around for a while :hattip:
I remember the big man saying maybe 10 years ago that all tinted windows would be illegal (along with cars without license plates).
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i was stopped back in 2015 for having black screens on the front side windows in PP, but he only fined me $5.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
gaplem
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by gaplem »

What a country of idiots. Tomorrow all cars will have tinted windows and the rats won't even notice it. Ridiculous. Let's try to take off the 3M film from my benz and I behead you idiot !
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Should only apply to the front seats windows and cops are ok if less tint is less than 30%.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

gaplem wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pmLet's try to take off the 3M film from my benz and I behead you idiot !
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I was made to pay $5 for police that stopped me for window tint in 2016. Of course they didn’t stop any other of the 10 cars with tint driving by. Corner of Sothearos and Sihanouk where they hang out

Least I didn’t need to remove it.
gaplem
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by gaplem »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:43 am I was made to pay $5 for police that stopped me for window tint in 2016. Of course they didn’t stop any other of the 10 cars with tint driving by. Corner of Sothearos and Sihanouk where they hang out

Least I didn’t need to remove it.

This is clearly the problem. When any law in these retarded countries will be applied to EVERYBODY, I will respect it. Until then I do what I want and just pay if needed. Throwing money to the rats is never a problem <3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic