Best route PP to Kep - Road update?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Maberdeen
Tourist

Best route PP to Kep - Road update?

Post by Maberdeen »

Greetings,

I am travelling to Kep soon and was hoping for a recent update on the road conditions. In the past I have come through Takmao, on to route 3 then over to 41 and through Kampot. Last time I did this the road conditions had deteriorated and it took a lot longer than usual.

Google maps tells me to I can come down through route 2 and cut across to 31 and straight into Kep. Anyone done this recently and have an update on the road situation?

Thanks
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Best route PP to Kep - Road update?

Post by epidemiks »

Took highway 2 > 126 > 31 in December. Good until the last 10km before the kep turnoff. The road between Takeo town and 126 is beautiful.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the road (highway 3) from 30km north of Kampot all the way to Kampot, was fucked around Xmas time due to the floodings, it was a fucking nightmare and wouldnt wish that on anyone, id recommend going highway 2/31 straight to Kep, my mate road it recently and didnt hear any complaints from him
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Maberdeen
Tourist

Post by Maberdeen »

Thanks Both. I will give 2/31 a go.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic