Bangkok Air Pollution

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Bangkok Air Pollution

Post by pczz »

bangkok is never good pollution wise. this particular peak seems to be weather related, unlike chiangmai where the annualburning of plastic bottles ceremony is due imminently
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

ohh, just worked it out. thais banned smoking on the beaches so maybe all the chinese have come to bangkok for a bit of nicotine relief. banning smoking is a rried and tested method of deterring chinese from going anywhere
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

pczz wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:22 am ohh, just worked it out. thais banned smoking on the beaches so maybe all the chinese have come to bangkok for a bit of nicotine relief. banning smoking is a rried and tested method of deterring chinese from going anywhere
Wow where did that come from on the topic of Bangkok haze? You do hate the Chinese don't you?
B1.Barang
Expatriate

Post by B1.Barang »

Someone was on his motorbike, driving around some places, he lived video on Facebook saying that he is in Thailand now, he said there is no air pollution, no one wear mask to to avoid dirt air, He also told people not to believe any news it. I’ve just wondered,what is the truth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

B1.Barang wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:35 pm Someone was on his motorbike, driving around some places, he lived video on Facebook saying that he is in Thailand now, he said there is no air pollution, no one wear mask to to avoid dirt air, He also told people not to believe any news it. I’ve just wondered,what is the truth?

If you read the thread and also Yong's post, you would know where the story comes from. It's all documented and accurate.

Of course, if you would rather believe your friend on his motorbike (that a level of 185 is healthy) then that's your right.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TOG wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:40 am
B1.Barang wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:35 pm Someone was on his motorbike, driving around some places, he lived video on Facebook saying that he is in Thailand now, he said there is no air pollution, no one wear mask to to avoid dirt air, He also told people not to believe any news it. I’ve just wondered,what is the truth?

If you read the thread and also Yong's post, you would know where the story comes from. It's all documented and accurate.

Of course, if you would rather believe your friend on his motorbike (that a level of 185 is healthy) then that's your right.
Naaaa doesnt look smoggy at all lol guess all the public schools are still open too lol
https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/01/thick-to ... EMDrCUH5IU
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Well here’s my video taken yesterday morning at around 8.50am while “driving around”. Location Kanchanaphisek Outer Ring Road towards the north Bang Pa In. If you look at at distant signboards and billboards it’s blurly by smog

Please take note of the photos in @Jamie_Lambo post above, none of the victim maybe except the 2 barangs, are using the right N95 mask. For this I have to say “Fuck you Prayut!” how long do the Thais have to suffer for a simple thing like a right mask?
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I have to admit yesterday the situation through the day was better than on Thursday as mostly in Orange rather than Red.

This is now, not too bad. Let’s was for the sun to be up and people start driving

Have a great day ahead all
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yong wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:06 am Well here’s my video taken yesterday morning at around 8.50am while “driving around”. Location Kanchanaphisek Outer Ring Road towards the north Bang Pa In. If you look at at distant signboards and billboards it’s blurly by smog

Please take note of the photos in @Jamie_Lambo post above, none of the victim maybe except the 2 barangs, are using the right N95 mask. For this I have to say “Fuck you Prayut!” how long do the Thais have to suffer for a simple thing like a right mask?
not listening to any isaan music today bro?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:22 am
yong wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:06 am Well here’s my video taken yesterday morning at around 8.50am while “driving around”. Location Kanchanaphisek Outer Ring Road towards the north Bang Pa In. If you look at at distant signboards and billboards it’s blurly by smog

not listening to any isaan music today bro?
Oh plenty of morlam my friend plenty of morlam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic