Internet cafe (printing and scanning) sought near st110

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Internet cafe (printing and scanning) sought near st110

Post by Freightdog »

Yes, folks
I’m probably seeking a dinosaur of sorts. I have some printing and scanning to do, which may take an hour or two, and so a quiet little spot with coffee available would fit the bill. Does such a thing exist anymore? In PP?

(No. For clarity; I don’t want to buy a printer, scanner, or keep running across the road to the local printer and ask them to do the jobs for me. Those are last ditch options)
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Internet cafe (printing and scanning) sought near st110

Post by fax »

Bring a flash drive to the Irish. Walk across the street and leave the documents and flash drive with the Bong. Go back to the Irish and drink beer until Bong is done.

GOOD LUCK YOU WILL NEED IT
The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Post by The Suk Straggler »

Instead of scanning docs ... just take photo with your phone and convert to pdf
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

There are still several in that area. Literally on the same road... Maybe try leaving your apartment once in a while?

Are CEO and K440 going to start getting the same sort of questions as the Facebook groups? "Where can I buy some plates?" "Is it possible to buy cans of beer anywhere?" "Where can I buy bottled water?"

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

theres an internet cafe on street 19 i think somewhere in between street 136-118 area
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:53 pm There are still several in that area. Literally on the same road... Maybe try leaving your apartment once in a while?

Are CEO and K440 going to start getting the same sort of questions as the Facebook groups? "Where can I buy some plates?" "Is it possible to buy cans of beer anywhere?" "Where can I buy bottled water?"
a forum you might have experienced wrote:Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
The description of this particular part of the forum is very clear. Unless of course this is not the intent.

There may well be several internet cafe’s locally. But the time taken to go finding one that can actually do the job is a bit limited, hence I’ve asked the question in the hope that someone actually knows of one that meets the criteria- ie somewhere that I am able to print documents, do what I have to do, and scan them. Several of the local establishments may be able to do bits of this, but not all in one convenient location. So a hell of a lot of going to and fro to achieve what otherwise might be a simple task.
One can only presume that among the expat community, the likes of Jamie and Rozzieoz, to name just two, are actually the exception rather than the rule. I’d hope not, but sadly, people such as yourself display many ofthe worst traits of expats, such as

An inability to answer a question without making it some sort of confrontation
A poor grasp of basic comprehension (the clue is in the initial post. Why not read it?)
A very dismissive attitude towards many others

There’s an old adage that comes to mind- if you have nothing to say, say nothing.

In this case, clearly you feel you have a lot of knowledge about the subject, so instead of being an insufferable ass, why not actually provide an answer? Or is your answer a mask for that fact that you actually know very little. Just full of bluster and hot air?
If someone were to stop you in the street, and ask you directions, would you tell them to work it out for themselves? Or are you a different character when not sitting behind a keyboard? If the former, shame on you. If the latter, maybe you could do with getting out more.

As for taking a photo of a document- yes. I know. But a photo is not the same as a scan. It’s larger for one, and the recipient of the finished documents that I am about to scan will be somewhat limited in the size of the files that I shall be sending. It’s a preference to be able to do this as print and scan, myself, not to mention the privacy aspect of some these things. The clue is in the title.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I go to a place on the corner of st 19/110 for this sort of thing but no coffee..
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

There's a "Net 24" place on 118 near the corner of 15 but I've read these places are just for online gambling. But you could ask them? And probably no coffee.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Coffee or no coffee, just find a joint and either bring your own coffee, or get a helper to bring you one or as many as you need.

Cambodians don't seem to think there is anything wrong in ordering food and drinks from whatever vendor takes their fancy, regardless of where they are. I don't think any of those internet joints would be at all concerned if you brought coffee and food with you, as long as you are spending money with their business.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:44 pm I go to a place on the corner of st 19/110 for this sort of thing but no coffee..

There are several photocopy shops in the area and some of the younger guys that work in them,,, depending on who you get,,, are pretty clued up.

On street 110 by old market ,, between st 19 and Norodom,,, left hand side.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic