Main Passport Office Phnom Penh - Senior/Reliable "Agent" Required

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Main Passport Office Phnom Penh - Senior/Reliable "Agent" Required

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

I am in need of a very reliable and dependable "Agent" "Facilitator" within the main Passport office at Phnom Penh, as my previous police contact there is missing in action and whereabouts now unknown, probably deployed to one of the regional passport offices.

Personal Recommendations with Name and Contact HP number requested, either on forum or privately by personal message.

OML
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Main Passport Office Phnom Penh - Senior/Reliable "Agent" Required

Post by Kayve »

Better Call Kim ?

Don't forget the water buffalo
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

I am looking for a very reliable contact/fixer/expediter INSIDE the passport office staff, which is what I had before, but now no more unfortunately.

OML
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I think the OP needs someone who makes or has the ability to break the rules at will. Kim is great, but doesn’t have the powers of someone like, the head of immigration or passport office.

Good luck OML. Hope you aren’t in too much trouble.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Sorry, but it is all legit and above board. It's worth a few $ to the correctly placed person within the Passport Office to save the time of the person seeking to obtain the passport. Most so called "agents" or "fixers" are low level hangers on without any real influence or connections pretending to be otherwise important and well connected.

As previously posted, several times in fact, I used to, past tense, have such a well placed person and multiple passport applications were accepted and checked and very quickly so in the past.

But as an aside, I have reports that the passport office on first floor at Aeon 2 at Sen Sok is excellent and quicker than the main passport office, but it is far from convenient for the applicant in this case as living very close indeed to main passport office.

Sorry, no interesting story behind the request. Just practicalities.

OML
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Standard turnaround time at the Aeon 2 office is 15 working days. Assuming the application paperwork is all in order. No fixer or agent required. They also have expedited pricing on the wall for 7 day and 1 day turnaround. Can't remember the prices, and not sure of this is advertised at the chhbar ampov office.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Ot Mean Loi wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:27 pm Sorry, but it is all legit and above board. It's worth a few $ to the correctly placed person within the Passport Office to save the time of the person seeking to obtain the passport.
It doesn’t sound legit and above board. It sounds like bribing a government official to avoid customary waiting times.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Take a trip to the real passport office, got 2 passports done, collected next day. no "fees" other than standard passports costs. Thath was in march.
otherwise the only way to get to the from of the queue is pretend your chinese
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Ot mien loi....by announcing that you've had, and need a new well connected person, just shows that you have no faith in the system. The passport system is by far the most organised of all the administration processes in Cambodia, there really is no requirement for a fixer/inside guy. FACT!
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

PSD Kiwi is totally off the mark and missing my point and need. Hardly surprising.

Having obtained quite a number of passports for Cambodian nationals in recent years through both the main PP passport office and that at Battambang, I have complete faith in the "process", as should have been obvious from my previous posting.

What I have NO time for is the disorganized and very lengthy waiting time at the main PP Passport office before one can even lodge application form, get documents checked and copied where necessary, and the applicant then being photographed, making payment etc. Once this is done, the "system" works very well. It's just the many hours that can and are wasted getting to this point. A Cambodian doctor in need of a KH passport simply can not spend so much of her working day away from her medical duties hanging around at the main PP passport office. Hence the need for an expediter and a real one at that.

So if PSD Kiwi is unable to contribute in any meaningful way to my request would he kindly just butt out and clear the way for those that can assist.

OML
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic