Naklua/Pattaya apartment hunt

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Naklua/Pattaya apartment hunt

Post by ExPenhMan »

At the behest of the CEO CEO, here resumes Naklua apartment discussion:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:00 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:20 pm
shnoukieBRO wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:31 pm

yeah theyre meant to be nice, was going to check them out myself, but still a bit close to Pattaya with a lot of bars near by, im in the main part of the town opposite the fish market on the beach, lovely area, nice and peaceful and quiet but with lots of local streetfood, shops, coffee shops, local cafes and markets, 7/11+familymart round corner and all sorts around, yet only 10-15 ride away from LK Metro area, and also my apartment and motorbike are both cheaper than i was paying in Phnom Penh
Where and how much? 😀
$185 per month
1 bedroom or studio? Thats cheap (5,800 baht)
sea view condos in Jomtien start aorund 8,000
I lived in Naklua back in 84, 3 bedroom house, yard, air cons, telephone, ( this before mobiles) 8,000 baht 10 minutes to downtown Patttaya
yeah the fishmarket area of Naklua is great location, far away from the hustle and bustle, but only a 10-15 minute drive to central Pattaya, i bet the area hasnt changed a great deal since then either
@Jamie_Lambo I misread your earlier post about the location, thinking you wanted to be closer to inner Pats. Now that I checked the fish market on a map, that looks more desirable than beng closer to the bars etc.

Is the apartment you signed up for a studio, i.e., bed etc. all in one room? Is it a walkup building, IOW, no elevator. And last, are you on the east side of Naklua Road? or beach side near the fish market.

Anyway, I'm actually heading back to Pats next weekend and will be there for 10 days. It's Tet soon here in VN, with banks closed 9 days and my resort town will be stuffed with Saigonese.

Thanks mate.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Naklua/Pattaya apartment hunt

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:41 pm At the behest of the CEO CEO, here resumes Naklua apartment discussion:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:00 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:20 pm
shnoukieBRO wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:12 pm
Where and how much? 😀
$185 per month
1 bedroom or studio? Thats cheap (5,800 baht)
sea view condos in Jomtien start aorund 8,000
I lived in Naklua back in 84, 3 bedroom house, yard, air cons, telephone, ( this before mobiles) 8,000 baht 10 minutes to downtown Patttaya
yeah the fishmarket area of Naklua is great location, far away from the hustle and bustle, but only a 10-15 minute drive to central Pattaya, i bet the area hasnt changed a great deal since then either
@Jamie_Lambo I misread your earlier post about the location, thinking you wanted to be closer to inner Pats. Now that I checked the fish market on a map, that looks more desirable than beng closer to the bars etc.

Is the apartment you signed up for a studio, i.e., bed etc. all in one room? Is it a walkup building, IOW, no elevator. And last, are you on the east side of Naklua Road? or beach side near the fish market.

Anyway, I'm actually heading back to Pats next weekend and will be there for 10 days. It's Tet soon here in VN, with banks closed 9 days and my resort town will be stuffed with Saigonese.

Thanks mate.
yeah studio, place has a lift, indoor/sheltered carpark, security at night, east side but the market is just across the street,
if your down next weekend, theres a big street night market festival on, you should come check it out, its been on every weekend this year up until the end of next month
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic