Overstay 45 days, waited a new passport issued

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Overstay 45 days, waited a new passport issued

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:20 pm
Wanker Wat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:14 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 pm Yeah, you most probably have to leave by air once you settle your bill at passport office.
Why by air?
They're sure you actually will leave?
why would someone pay an overstay fee and NOT leave?
still would hold an expired visa
although i do see by air its easier for immigration, as its only a short walk to kick them out
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Wanker Wat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Wanker Wat »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:31 pm

I think he's suggesting that you might get deported directly following payment ?
If you pay for overstay they walk you from the immigration office across the street to the plane? Does that really happen?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Chinese whispers maybe, but I've heard they make some have a ticket outta there before accepting overstay payment, and yeah, they make sure they get on the plane.

Ofc, could all be horseshit.
Wanker Wat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Wanker Wat »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:38 pm Chinese whispers maybe, but I've heard they make some have a ticket outta there before accepting overstay payment, and yeah, they make sure they get on the plane.

Ofc, could all be horseshit.
Interesting. Thanks. I never knew that.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: they don,t walk you anywhere,they drive you in a S.U.V,at the airport friends can speak to the deportee,even know off one guy getting several grand off a friend to help him out when he landed in europe :please:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Overstay
Tourist
Thailand

Post by Overstay »

Thank you for the info!
Frankly, I'm confused a lot. Visited yesterday reliable visa company, they made visas for me. They were really don't understand my worries. They said just pay the fine and leave country to get new visa. Also they said I can pay the fine on the land-border, on the way to Saigon...
Overstay
Tourist
Thailand

Post by Overstay »

So I got my new passport (the old one isn't damaged, just stamped as cancelled). Wednesday applied for the exit visa ($30) and have paid overstay fine $460. They gave me a copy of my visa application form, where was scripted 30 + 460. Today morning I visited Immigration office where I made exchange that paper for my (both) passports, and the new one is with an exit visa for 7 days.
Just came back to Riverside and can't stop thinking... I have no any receipt of overstay fine payment. Will it be required on a border? Or the fact that I have an exit visa is states that all the paperwork is done?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Overstay wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:31 pm So I got my new passport (the old one isn't damaged, just stamped as cancelled). Wednesday applied for the exit visa ($30) and have paid overstay fine $460. They gave me a copy of my visa application form, where was scripted 30 + 460. Today morning I visited Immigration office where I made exchange that paper for my (both) passports, and the new one is with an exit visa for 7 days.
Just came back to Riverside and can't stop thinking... I have no any receipt of overstay fine payment. Will it be required on a border? Or the fact that I have an exit visa is states that all the paperwork is done?
the exit stamp is all you need as that is what you can not get if you have outstanding overstay charges
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Overstay
Tourist
Thailand

Post by Overstay »

beaker wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:46 pm the exit stamp is all you need as that is what you can not get if you have outstanding overstay charges
Thank you! I think the same, but... After staying 10 years in SEA I believe my doubts are reasonable... :) Won't a customs officer at the land border to Vietnam be asking to pay an overstay, since no one *obvious* proof of the payment is present...

To loose 2 more hours, $10 and suitable bus to Saigon and run back to the Immigration, or turn the wheel of fortune and get a bus to Saigon now...
Overstay
Tourist
Thailand

Post by Overstay »

Offtopic. Just got negotiated tuktuk Riverside to Airport and back from $12 to $5 just by a single phrase "PassApp mah mueng pi puan"! :) PassApp just less in one year has made more good visible changes in the Country than all the international organizations! :) God bless PassApp.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic