Cadillac / Manhatten / Harry's Bar - New Menu

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Cadillac / Manhatten Bar - New Menu

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:50 pm
Is the coffin shops still there? i assume they own the building as how many coffins does one sell/month
I suspect that the traffic conditions in Phnom Penh are greatly contributing to their business! :D
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 am
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:26 am
As to their other specials I like..

Saturday pepper steak tenderloin. It's apparently kiwi steak cut quite thick (albeit not huge) and very tender and tasty. I've been to a few places where they source Cambo steak (eg Chez Gaston, PKA Chan) which are surprisingly tender however I found the NZ one to be more flavoursome. I also like the way they do the potatoes gratin style instead of the customary mash or fries. The pepper sauce has a real bite to it too. $9.50 (or $9.75?) with glass of red wine included (normally $3).
Geez, only 1 day and I have to update my post!

So I wandered down there last night to get my weekly fix of pepper steak, and low and behold, it's no longer the special of the day (albeit still on the menu at the much increased price of $14).

Instead they've got this new swedish thing called 'Planksteak' for $12.75 with a glass of wine included (up $3 from the pepper steak special). It comes on a wooden board with like a 'fence' of mashed potato, the tenderloin in the middle, a couple of sprigs of asparagus wrapped in bacon, a small grilled half tomato and a 'moat' of 2 sauces (one seemed to be mushroom, the other some sort of garlicky thing). I didn't take a pic but here is one from their Pattaya website and a few others from google to give you an idea.

Image Image

the Pork planksteak in Harrys Pattaya is amazing! Tastes so good and is a good feed for only 195 baht (just over $6) i think the Beef Planksteak is around $12 though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:45 pm

Saturday pepper steak tenderloin. It's apparently kiwi steak cut quite thick (albeit not huge) and very tender and tasty. I've been to a few places where they source Cambo steak (eg Chez Gaston, PKA Chan) which are surprisingly tender however I found the NZ one to be more flavoursome. I also like the way they do the potatoes gratin style instead of the customary mash or fries. The pepper sauce has a real bite to it too. $9.50 (or $9.75?) with glass of red wine included (normally $3).

So I wandered down there last night to get my weekly fix of pepper steak, and low and behold, it's no longer the special of the day (albeit still on the menu at the much increased price of $14).

Instead they've got this new swedish thing called 'Planksteak' for $12.75 with a glass of wine included (up $3 from the pepper steak special). It comes on a wooden board with like a 'fence' of mashed potato, the tenderloin in the middle, a couple of sprigs of asparagus wrapped in bacon, a small grilled half tomato and a 'moat' of 2 sauces (one seemed to be mushroom, the other some sort of garlicky thing). I didn't take a pic but here is one from their Pattaya website and a few others from google to give you an idea.

Image Image

the Pork planksteak in Harrys Pattaya is amazing! Tastes so good and is a good feed for only 195 baht (just over $6) i think the Beef Planksteak is around $12 though
They have a flyer on the tables here advertising the Pork planksteak for $7.75. So, cheaper in Pattaya at $6.

The Beef planksteak I had here was $12.75 incl glass of wine and that is the Saturday night special/promo. I think it's new and not on the menu shown earlier in this thread so I don't know what the regular price is. In Pattaya tho it's showing as 595B ($19) which is quite a bit more than the pork equivalent. http://www.harryspattaya.com/restaurant ... 1e3e8-a262
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:18 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:45 pm

Image Image

They have a flyer on the tables here advertising the Pork planksteak for $7.75. So, cheaper in Pattaya at $6.

The Beef planksteak I had here was $12.75 incl glass of wine and that is the Saturday night special/promo. I think it's new and not on the menu shown earlier in this thread so I don't know what the regular price is. In Pattaya tho it's showing as 595B ($19) which is quite a bit more than the pork equivalent. http://www.harryspattaya.com/restaurant ... 1e3e8-a262
ahh i thought it was 395baht, ill pop in tomorrow and check but thats probably right, i the pork planksteak is too good value to go for the beef lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

local pork is cheap
imported beef isn't, (local beef sucks, only good if its cut up like for lok lak)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

The chewy lok lak is only good to cut small so that it can be swallowed whole. Then you can recognize them in the bowl the next day. Sometimes I name them and play that they have jobs and little lok lak families
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am local pork is cheap
imported beef isn't, (local beef sucks, only good if its cut up like for lok lak)
The local beef works well ground for hamburgers grind it along with smoked bacon or pork belly to add some fat.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ImageImage
In Metro you can get a Caesar Salad WITH a piece of fillet steak for $8.70.
It's evun spilt corecklee
(However... that's plus VAT and 5% service charge. It's also plus a smoke free environment and micro skirts.)
I have tried this steak n Caesar and it's excellent.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:47 pm However... that's plus VAT and 5% service charge.
Yuh, how come Metro has this yet others like Cadillac don't?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

God some of those pics are gross. The prices when converted to the A$ are about the same as where I live in Australia. I like the reference to the coffin shop but what about the auto parts place who also stock marine gear like big brass propellers that lie on the pavement.
I think it's great that they survive, so Cambodian.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic