Cadillac / Manhatten / Harry's Bar - New Menu

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Cadillac / Manhatten Bar - New Menu

Post by Kuroneko »

hanno wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:58 pm
Wanker Wat wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:43 pm Staff speaking English as second language can’t easily be trained to accurately understand spoken orders of up to 100 dishes from customers from multiple countries who may speak imperfect English themselves. Numbering removes a lot of room for miscommunication. Even Larry’s does it.
I've worked in Vietnam and Cambodia for the last 24 years and not once did I have a numbered menu. What next, photos?
Don't joke, actually Bouchon completed a new menu in the last month or so. They now serve everything on wood platters, and while I was there, they had all the new dishes out on the bar to photograph and were letting the staff try each. Not long after the new menu introduced was a larger format in full colour with pictures included. :D
Since moving to the new venue they have been trying to widen their customer base and adding pictures may help. :lol:

Last edited by Kuroneko on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Wanker Wat wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:43 pm Staff speaking English as second language can’t easily be trained to accurately understand spoken orders of up to 100 dishes from customers from multiple countries who may speak imperfect English themselves. Numbering removes a lot of room for miscommunication. Even Larry’s does it.
I've worked in Vietnam and Cambodia for the last 24 years and not once did I have a numbered menu. What next, photos?
That and chinese writing now. That's what many customers complain about at the riverside restaurant my GF works at.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Kuroneko wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:47 pm
Don't joke, actually Bouchon completed a new menu in the last month or so. They now serve everything on wood platters, and while I was there, they had all the new dishes out on the bar to photograph and were letting the staff try each. Not long after the new menu introduced was a larger format in full colour with pictures included. :D
Since moving to the new venue they have been trying to widen their customer base and adding pictures may help. :lol:
I do take photos of all new menu items, but that is purely for internal purposes (I also let all the service staff try every new dish). But our hotels are not catering to backpackers and Chinese much so no, no photos in the menus.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

fax wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 am The starters list is a reason alone to redo the whole menu again. S1, S2, S4, S3. Wrong order and the next one has the same name as the torture museum. I would like one S21 please, with extra waterboarding yes.

B1, B2, B3, B5

There is 2 M11
Not to mention they spelled Caesar wrong three times in a row, but at least they're consistent. But S21 is definitely wrong. Couldn't they have combined them as "Starters and Salads" and made them S1-S6?

I'm sure it won't take long for them to figure out about the two M11s lol.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:58 pm
That and chinese writing now. That's what many customers complain about at the riverside restaurant my GF works at.
They complain about the chinese writing or lack off?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:58 pm at the riverside restaurant my GF works at.
Ooooh, which restaurant? There are some smoking hot little minx's that work in some of those restaurants.

Come on you cheap bastard, you haven't retired her yet? You're missing out on the whole personal concubine experience.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Brody wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:30 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:58 pm at the riverside restaurant my GF works at.
Ooooh, which restaurant?

Come on you cheap bastard, you haven't retired her yet? You're missing out on the whole personal concubine experience.
Haha my playboy days have been relegated to the back burner for the time being...but one can never say never can they? :beer3:
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:40 pm
Ooooh, which restaurant?

Haha my playboy days have been relegated to the back burner for the time being...but one can never say never can they? :beer3:
No, I meant why is she still working? You could have her at home catering for you full time! ;-)

Anyway, I'm picturing her working at Metro, with those micro-mini skirts they wear. Those hussies wear skirts so short, they literally can't sit down or the skirt will ride up over their hips.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Brody wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:57 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:40 pm
Ooooh, which restaurant?

No, I meant why is she still working? You could have her at home catering for you full time! ;-)

Anyway, I'm picturing her working at Metro, with those micro-mini skirts they wear. Those hussies wear skirts so short, they literally can't sit down or the skirt will ride up over their hips.
Hell no, I wouldn't want to have her around 24/7...she keeps me busy enough after work :tongue:

Yup she's gotta cross her legs side saddle on the moto or else :flasher1:
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I tried it a couple weeks ago.
The $5 Fridays... are mostly gone, there are still 5-6 items on the menu that sell for a fiver on Fridays but it's mostly the burger and some unappealing other choices like a minuscule pork piece.

Cadillac used to be known for its generous portions. Those times are definitely over. I even wonder why they kept name Cadillac because it's been taken over by the non descript bar next door, the only Cadillac-esque about the place is the tiny yellow sign at the door.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic