Driver and car needed mid February 2019

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Driver and car needed mid February 2019

Post by StroppyChops »

We're off to Kampong Thom in mid February for me to play father-of-the-bride, and need a driver for two nights, three days.

Two questions - what would you consider a reasonable price for a driver with car, for the trip there and back, and a couple of two-and-fro's between the village and the town on the wedding day? And, any contacts who'd be interested?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Driver and car needed mid February 2019

Post by explorer »

Let us know the starting point. Is it PP?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

explorer wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:02 pm Let us know the starting point. Is it PP?
Good point - yes, PP to Kampong Thom, but the village is about 20 mins out of KT and as well as the transport to KT the job requires some ferrying between KT and the village on the wedding day. I need to be on deck by 4am but Mrs Stroppy doesn't need to be out there until later in the morning, etc.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I went with a family in a minivan from Takeo to Sihanoukville a couple of years ago. It was for nearly a week, and the driver took us sightseeing on most days. It cost around $250. They sometimes bought meals for the driver as well.

I think you should get a car for between $100 and $150 for what you want.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

If its a nice car and responsible driver I'd expect to pay $150 plus his guest house. So likely $175 total and I'd offer to buy some lunches/drinks on the way back and forth. IMO $200 would be the most I'd consider.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic