Movie quotes modified to fit Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Re: Movie quotes modified to fit Cambodia

Post by khmerhamster »

That’s not a wife *points at middle-aged, big foreign woman*

That’s a wife *points at cute, little 20 something Khmer minx*

Crocodile Dundee
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Fear and Loathing...

“Strange memories on this nervous night in Cambodia. Ten years later? Twenty? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. Phnom Penh in the mid 90's was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights—or very early mornings—when I left the Walkabout half-crazy and, instead of going home, drove the Honda Cub to Highway 5 at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts, a flared Shirt and Krama . . . booming through the countryside, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the junctions, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change) . . . but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that. . . .

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. Svay pak was a crazy place . . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .”
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Open the hostess bar door, Sophal.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Some of these might be repeats. My inspiration: https://www.infoplease.com/arts-enterta ... vie-quotes

Howard. No Joke.” Dr. No, 1962

“I'm walking here! I'm walking here!” Midnight Cowboy, 1969 (unchanged)

“Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!” The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, 1948 (unchanged)

“Mama always said life was like a box of tropical illnesses. You never know what you're gonna get.” Forrest Gump, 1994

“We rob barang.” Bonnie and Clyde, 1967

“La-dee-boi, la-dee-boi.” Annie Hall, 1977

“Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.” Wall Street, 1987 (unchanged)

“Keep your friends close, but your enemies in exile.” The Godfather II, 1974

“Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.” Dracula, 1931 (unchanged)

“A tuktuk. Shaken, not stirred.” Goldfinger, 1964

“Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!” Caddyshack, 1980 (unchanged, and inappropriate)

“Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!” Auntie Mame, 1958 (unchanged, and dark)

“I feel the need - the need for Lexus!” Top Gun, 1986

“My mother spanks you. My father spanks you. My sister spanks you. And I spank you.” Yankee Doodle Dandy, 1942

“Nobody puts Fluffy Bunny in a corner.” Dirty Dancing, 1987 (for the original CEO members)
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic