what age do girls stop

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: what age do girls stop

Post by John Bingham »

PIEMAN wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:36 pm :beer3: i hardley ever pay these days,there are nice girls about if you look,if not nice on the outside nice on the inside,try eating around Cambodia Tower just after pay day. :assasin:
Where is this Cambodia Tower?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:05 pm
PIEMAN wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:36 pm :beer3: i hardley ever pay these days,there are nice girls about if you look,if not nice on the outside nice on the inside,try eating around Cambodia Tower just after pay day. :assasin:
Where is this Cambodia Tower?
And when is their payday?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Duncan wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:22 am
PIEMAN wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:05 am :stir: going to school here,English schools not khmer :please:

They stop when you can no longer afford to send them to school, which in my case is now ,,, or year 12, so I believe.
IF international school depends on if British (not sure if on IB program or IGCSE ) or US ( age 17-18 year 12 school)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

prahocalypse now wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:39 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:26 pm You're pretty clued in on the inner workings of ELT, PN.

Is that where you 'taught', but not English?
no
No offence meant, I'm not all too familiar with the teaching hierarchy in Cambodia but I imagine it goes something like:

bottom rung = tefl jobber - no degree but has a 120 hour tefl cert from some fly-by-night online website.

middle rung = tefl jobber elite - has a degree in underwater basket weaving and 120 tefl cert, so the school trusts you to teach Geography or whatever, with possible promotion to middle management if you last longer than 1 term.

top rung = teacher - subject matter specific degree with teaching certificate/criminal record check.

Which one were you PN?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:00 pm Pieman is famously known for his mouth watering sausage rolls
Not familiar with sausage rolls where I'm from.

We've got tube-steaks...and I'm pretty handy with mine, if I don't say so myself.

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Back to the OP.
Some kids get taken out of school to work in their teens because the family needs money, then they go back to school at 18 or early twenties to get their Year 12 or to learn English. Most of the time they are also working.
In the provinces, it's not unusual to see young hotel or restaurant staff scribbling away in a school book when it's quiet.
Some people say that Khmers are lazy, but these kids work hard and they pay for their own education. They are mostly poor farmers' kids, and they want something better. One "kid" I know, who did his studies while working as a waiter aged about 21, now has a job in a bank. :clap:
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: VERY true i speak to a lass everyday who collects money from the toilets on the riverside she is 18yr old and speaks the best english,she has been missing for a few days and i asked her mum who tends the Gardens had Daughter gone back to the provence,nope she is learning Chinese :bow:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Brody wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm
prahocalypse now wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:39 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:26 pm You're pretty clued in on the inner workings of ELT, PN.

Is that where you 'taught', but not English?
no
No offence meant, I'm not all too familiar with the teaching hierarchy in Cambodia but I imagine it goes something like:

bottom rung = tefl jobber - no degree but has a 120 hour tefl cert from some fly-by-night online website.

middle rung = tefl jobber elite - has a degree in underwater basket weaving and 120 tefl cert, so the school trusts you to teach Geography or whatever, with possible promotion to middle management if you last longer than 1 term.

top rung = teacher - subject matter specific degree with teaching certificate/criminal record check.

Which one were you PN?
I think you will find that there is a level below the bottom rung. For example, a 'tefl jobber' who has no degree, no tefl cert, and may or may not have actually graduated from high school.

Anyway, according to your hierarchy, I'd say I am top rung.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

prahocalypse now wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm I'd say I am top rung.
Yikes :shock:

So I guess what you're saying is, is that schools are flexible with their 'requirements'.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: what about the one,s who buy there certificates in bangkok :please:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic