If you died in another country

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

If you died in another country

Post by explorer »

If you died in another country, would you want your body returned to your home country?

I wouldnt. They could deal with my body by whatever is the least expensive method. If there is money available, give it to students from poor families.

The exception would be, if I died in suspicious circumstances, for example, if I died of food poisoning, I would want that investigated, to prevent others suffering the same fate.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: If you died in another country

Post by phuketrichard »

2 things EVERYONE should have if living in another country
1. A living will, to handle things if ur unconscious/ in a coma
2. A will, for when you die
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

explorer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:51 pm If you died in another country, would you want your body returned to your home country?

I wouldnt. They could deal with my body by whatever is the least expensive method. If there is money available, give it to students from poor families.

The exception would be, if I died in suspicious circumstances, for example, if I died of food poisoning, I would want that investigated, to prevent others suffering the same fate.
If you're thinking by that you would donate your body parts such that they could be sold on the open market, I would think your brain would be of great value given all that intellect, knowledge, wisdom and experience locked up inside that could be unleashed in the right hands of a buyer.. :bow: :wave:
rasputin
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by rasputin »

Explorer would do well to upload his accumulated knowledge to Cloud Nine before the Grim Reaper comes to claim his due.
;)
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:28 pm Image
In Cambodia that means you will be rat food :twisted:
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:36 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:28 pm Image
In Cambodia that means you will be rat food :twisted:
Hey, rats gotta eat too!
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cautionary tale for Australians (and possibly those from other Western countries) - if you have a life insurance policy, check whether the payout is dependent on your remains being returned to Australia. Mine does, and it turns out that most do in the fine print.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

StroppyChops wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:59 pm Cautionary tale for Australians (and possibly those from other Western countries) - if you have a life insurance policy, check whether the payout is dependent on your remains being returned to Australia. Mine does, and it turns out that most do in the fine print.
Interesting clause. Is that because they want to see if you are really dead ? I suppose they pay for the shipping then ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic