What happened to the food at Larry’s?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: What happened to the food at Larry’s?

Post by rozzieoz »

I am addicted to the fish fillet at Larry’s.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Yeah, I think Larry does great food, and I stand by that. Also a great place to have a drink or 10. He's also done very well with attracting and keeping great staff, which I assume can be difficult anywhere, much less in Cambodia.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:02 pm I am addicted to the fish fillet at Larry’s.
Any idea of the type of fish used ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Trebormint
Tourist
Andorra

Post by Trebormint »

:bad: 'standards that won't be compromised'
Haha, good luck with that!
TripAdvisor begs to differ, and that ain't just because of the crap Lazza served me.
Some of you folks want to try different places, you'll realise that other than being a good place to take yer woman, the food here is bog standard
Bob tailcat
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Bob tailcat »

some of ya'll don't live in Cambodia. I like Larry, he's a good fella, but food can be hit or miss. Had some good meals there, and some under par. Nothing terrible like raw chook tho.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Maybe I was jaded on the one and only time I went to Larry’s. But based on the previously glowing reviews of others, being in the contenders list of best pizza in Phnom Penh, food should be consistently great.

BTW, even the missus enjoyed Luigi’s, even though she was too pissed off to admit it at the time.

Now she’s been puking her guts out for the last few days. Forced her to get her friend to take her to Khema and get admitted. Haven’t heard of her since then, doesn’t answer SMS or calls. Worried.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Trebormint wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:47 pm a good place to take yer woman
Slow down. Are you going on a crusade lecturing us about class and quality and in the next sentence saying Larry's is a good place to bring your woman?

The sound of a large gong being beat followed by drinks in every waitresses hand wiping the sweat from punter's faces. Love is in the air as horny punters shout sing "chuol ka muoy, chuol ka pi, chuol ka all the way", all waitresses force a laughter and your lady is wondering why you are paying $9 for an omelette and $1.75 for a can of beer in a ladydrink venue where the most commonly exchanged words with waitresses include HELLO and WHY IS MY LUNCH TAKING 40 MINUTES TO COOK.

Set your whoremongering standards aside when dining with partners, please. A hostess bar is not a good place to take your other half.

What do you know about restaurants?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

fax wrote:Set your whoremongering standards aside when dining with partners, please. A hostess bar is not a good place to take your other half.
True. Missus and I met Ms. Kim at the office (a bar on riverside) where she was inside sorting out papers for the owner.

They all said ‘hi’ to me in English when I poked my head inside. When missus followed after me, all the girls inside basically told missus in Khmer ‘what are you doing here?’
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

The Office is the only bar around where I've found Sheridan's coffee liquor, which just happens to be the best goddamn thing on ice.

Those poor girlies have no idea how to pour a bottle containing 2 separate liquids though so I need to do it myself every time. It's been years... Oh, how I miss you, Sheridan's.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:18 am Maybe I was jaded on the one and only time I went to Larry’s. But based on the previously glowing reviews of others, being in the contenders list of best pizza in Phnom Penh, food should be consistently great.

BTW, even the missus enjoyed Luigi’s, even though she was too pissed off to admit it at the time.

Now she’s been puking her guts out for the last few days. Forced her to get her friend to take her to Khema and get admitted. Haven’t heard of her since then, doesn’t answer SMS or calls. Worried.
We are all worried,,,, sounds like a prelude to a divorce.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic