Bald-Headed & Tattooed Farang Busted for Eating Happy Soup

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Bald-Headed & Tattooed Farang Busted for Eating Happy Soup

Post by Dario »

That fine, no, court ordered penalty used to be 500 Baht, plus mandatory deportation as added bonus. There's the rub:
You spend the first week in police custody. That's where you have to make the charge(s) go away for relatively cheap.
After that you get transferred to the "cook" prison, where you sit out the 12 day cycle, meaning every 12 you get presented to the judge who has to declare that yep you're good for another 12 days until after 36 or 48 days,in ganja consumption cases, he'll sentences you to a 500B fine.

The heavier the charge, the longer you rot in jail for no reason at all except for allocating time for negotiations between you and the prosecutor. Up to 2 years easily! The cops do shit with with these judge ordered extensions theoretically allowing for further investigation.

As a court convicted felon now, no matter you've just been fined a ridicolous 15 U$, you're to be deported DIRECTLY back to your home country although there's always wiggle room to get to a deal, f ex i managed to make it an itinerary with stop over in singap which i used to drop out, heading straight back to thai where my gf was still in the shit.

This belorussian mistress of Oleg Deripaska, you can bet your ass, that she was ordered by the russians. Nobody can be that stupid to accept an aeroflot flight straight into moscow. Remember, you're mandated by law, (that was my informed understanding back in the day), to be deported back to your home country with no detour or, if avoidable, stop overs.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

There's a lot of tinfoil in the media about how Oleg was ordered by the Russians for her supposed evidence of Russian conspiracies. Those media reports don't mention that she was taken to Moscow together with the others who made no such claims.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:02 am I think he has some kind of mental disorder.

The cops say that he was behaving erratically, he is grinning like a lunatic in the photos, and he posted some weird stuff on facebook not long before he was arrested.
How did you determine that he has some sort of mental disorder? Could that not be caused by the narcotics? Anyway, it should be legal, just in one bowl of soup there's no way he took a fatal dose!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic