Khmer short film"Deliro"

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
phnompenhsteve
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Khmer short film"Deliro"

Post by phnompenhsteve »

Hey thanks.
It's a long film but I'll make time to watch it this weekend:)

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:00 am I held off commenting cause didn't want to come across as, "a hater" but have to agree .
The technical ability of the film maker is good, (except for some of the cutting) ...BUT...it made no sense at all to me
no theme, no story line
no beginning, middle, end

Off topic a bit but
this is an independent film which i truly enjoyed, ( much better than Joiles film) and that crappy Cambodian prison film)
beautifully filmed and has a great story line

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i'm a fan of random weird shorts, that leave you thinking, WTF? and so i did enjoy it, i liked the random horror elements to it too,
i dont think small shorts like this always need a "storyline" because its too short to have a beginning/middle/end, theyre supposed to throw you in the middle of a story, then leave you guessing in the end, about what youve just watched and the back story behind the characters, and to what lead up to the moment of the start of the film, its left to your imagination, and thats what i like,
i think the only thing it was missing was some sort of shock incident or a bit more of a twist at the end to confuse the viewer a bit more,
great cinematography too mate keep it up @phnompenhsteve
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phnompenhsteve
Expatriate
Canada

Post by phnompenhsteve »

Hey thanks man
Yea,shorts are meant to be simple. making sure to have a beginning,middle,and an end can make it overcrowded quick and many shorts are literally just one or two scenes.
The beginning was supposed to be a bit more of a shocker, but after looking at the footage, it didn't turn out how I had hoped. My fault.
It definitely could have had a bit more story to it. but i just had some images in my head and decided to go with it.
I'm still a beginning filmmaker so it's all a learning experience.
But I appreciate any critique. Both positive and negative.
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:45 am i'm a fan of random weird shorts, that leave you thinking, WTF? and so i did enjoy it, i liked the random horror elements to it too,
i dont think small shorts like this always need a "storyline" because its too short to have a beginning/middle/end, theyre supposed to throw you in the middle of a story, then leave you guessing in the end, about what youve just watched and the back story behind the characters, and to what lead up to the moment of the start of the film, its left to your imagination, and thats what i like,
i think the only thing it was missing was some sort of shock incident or a bit more of a twist at the end to confuse the viewer a bit more,
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phnompenhsteve wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:11 am Hey thanks man
Yea,shorts are meant to be simple. making sure to have a beginning,middle,and an end can make it overcrowded quick and many shorts are literally just one or two scenes.
The beginning was supposed to be a bit more of a shocker, but after looking at the footage, it didn't turn out how I had hoped. My fault.
It definitely could have had a bit more story to it. but i just had some images in my head and decided to go with it.
I'm still a beginning filmmaker so it's all a learning experience.
But I appreciate any critique. Both positive and negative.
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:45 am i'm a fan of random weird shorts, that leave you thinking, WTF? and so i did enjoy it, i liked the random horror elements to it too,
:thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Magic Van
Tourist

Post by Magic Van »

I thought it was engaging enough. Keep at it!
phnompenhsteve
Expatriate
Canada

Post by phnompenhsteve »

Hey thanks:)
Magic Van wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:20 pm I thought it was engaging enough. Keep at it!
phnompenhsteve
Expatriate
Canada

Post by phnompenhsteve »

Small update.
Received an email this morning that
Deliro will screen at the Cambodia International Film Festival.
David Yang
Tourist
Taiwan

Post by David Yang »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:00 am I held off commenting cause didn't want to come across as, "a hater" but have to agree .
The technical ability of the film maker is good, (except for some of the cutting) ...BUT...it made no sense at all to me
no theme, no story line
no beginning, middle, end

Off topic a bit but
this is an independent film which i truly enjoyed, ( much better than Joiles film) and that crappy Cambodian prison film)
beautifully filmed and has a great story line

Just finished watching this film. Very interesting and meaningful. Thank you so much~
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic