Wifi everywhere without Any problems.

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Wifi everywhere without Any problems.

Post by whiteribbon »

Just a quick recommendation:

I have a pretty big area I have to cover with wifi, for both myself and my guests,
tried all kind of range extenders from different brands, always problems with speed or having to do resets. Couldn't or didn't want to run cables everywhere so decided to try a mesh network. A bit more expensive but what a difference! Speeds are the same everywhere on 3500 sqm. Never had to do a reset and so easy to set up and add guest networks. The more tech savvy people may already know this for a long time but it was a revelation for me. I got the Amplifi HD system btw, highly recommended If you just want to plug in, set up in 5 minutes and have wifi everywhere without any headache.
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Wifi everywhere without Any problems.

Post by whiteribbon »

whiteribbon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:20 pm Just a quick recommendation:

I have a pretty big area I have to cover with wifi, for both myself and my guests,
tried all kind of range extenders from different brands, always problems with speed or having to do resets. Couldn't or didn't want to run cables everywhere so decided to try a mesh network. A bit more expensive but what a difference! Speeds are the same everywhere on 3500 sqm. Never had to do a reset and so easy to set up and add guest networks. The more tech savvy people may already know this for a long time but it was a revelation for me. I got the Amplifi HD system btw, highly recommended If you just want to plug in, set up in 5 minutes and have wifi everywhere without any headache.
This is the main unit you just plug in to whatever router your internet provider gave you.
This you just plug in wherever your signal drops.
It just works. You'll get the same speed everywhere. +30 connections on a +3000sqm area now without any drop.
just noise, white noise
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Change the password from time to time. All of the neighbors may log in and overload the system.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Where did you buy it?

What internet provider are you using in kep? I have Metfone and they are a bit patchy but that may be related to the cable to my place
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Element6 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:11 am Where did you buy it?

What internet provider are you using in kep? I have Metfone and they are a bit patchy but that may be related to the cable to my place
I use Metfone as well. It's the only provider that could/want to install in this area. They run their cable overground so it gets knocked down once or twice a month but they are usually quick to fix it. My speed is always more than what I'm paying for though, so not complaining.
just noise, white noise
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Where did you buy your hardware?
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Element6 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:24 pm Where did you buy your hardware?
I brought it from Bangkok a while back but the Amplifi HD system I have is from the brand Ubiquiti, they sell that in most big computer stores in PP so sure it can be found there as well.
just noise, white noise
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Thank you, much apreciated
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

I put in a Unify system as well and its awesome

A gateway/ router, cloud key, 16port POE switch, 3 in wall AP's and two long range AP's - amazing coverage and brilliant management interface
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

kgbagent wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 pm I put in a Unify system as well and its awesome

A gateway/ router, cloud key, 16port POE switch, 3 in wall AP's and two long range AP's - amazing coverage and brilliant management interface
In your technical reply I only understand 'router' lol. I think Ubiquiti's Unify system is a fair bit more complicated to set up than my Amplifi system (and you still need to run cables right?). I looked in to it before I bought mine but didn't really understand it. The Amplify system is more for people like me who don't know anything about network management and just want to have the same speed everywhere on a big area and an easy to set up guest network.
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic