getting passport out of extension process?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

getting passport out of extension process?

Post by Gregor01 »

dear group

the 3rd of jan i’ve sent my german passport for extension (e to eg) with a kampot travel agent. he said would be back in 10-12 days. today is the 18th, passport isnt back yet.
in the meantime i became sick, needed to go to the hospital in phnom penh and am stucked here now. need my passport asap to fly back to europe or bangkok to receive further treatment (but its not an emergency, i’m not laying in the hospital just need to see the doc from time to time...).

any idea what i could do? is there a place phnom penh where i could get my passport back?
im holding 2 valid german passports so i can proof that its me. and fotocopies of the passport at extension as well.

thanks a lot
greg
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: getting passport out of extension process?

Post by frank lee bent »

go to immigration across from airport
explain your illness
offer $20
likely they will help you if they still have it
go in on crutches
they mostly panic when they see that
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

You can hold 2 valid German passports?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Not sure if the same as the UK, but we can get an emergency travel document - I'd guess most common is lost or stolen passport abroad, but I'd hazard a guess that it could also include emergency medical treatment?
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

Post by Gregor01 »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am You can hold 2 valid German passports?

yes if u proof why u need them. its called zweitpass and just 7 yrs valid instead of 10.
in my case, i’m travelling a lot and have to send one passport to embassies to get visas and need to keep one passport at the same time for travelling.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Gregor01 wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am You can hold 2 valid German passports?

yes if u proof why u need them. its called zweitpass and just 7 yrs valid instead of 10.
in my case, i’m travelling a lot and have to send one passport to embassies to get visas and need to keep one passport at the same time for travelling.
Wow. Interesting.
So you have one valid passport?

Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

Post by Gregor01 »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:05 am
Gregor01 wrote:

Wow. Interesting.
So you have one valid passport?

Yes. But for sure with no visa or anything.
Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

Post by Gregor01 »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:51 am go to immigration across from airport
explain your illness
offer $20
likely they will help you if they still have it
go in on crutches
they mostly panic when they see that
great advise, will be there by 2pm after their lunch break.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Gregor01 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:58 am

same for Americans :thumb: , we can hold 2 valid passports
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

Post by Gregor01 »

mmhhh in case i get the passport back today at immigrations and the visa extension is NOT done before, it would mean i’m overstaying since 6th jan.
any problems? actually need to come back to cambodia later this year and need to apply for eb or eg.
or better using my 2nd passport then?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic