Paddy Rice

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Paddy Rice

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

About time, place has been going downhill for years... great location, shit food, shit service, overpriced, and considering they claimed to be a sports bar they were far from it.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Will be interesting to see what Grand River does with it. They certainly have experience running restaurants..

Yeah, it's central location but unlike Grand River, it's not set back much from the road and you've got Olala, Cadillac, Ostro immediate competition.

I guess a lot will depend on what theme/menu/price point they will go for. I note the new Swiss owner at Cadillac has upped the quality but also the price and cut costs reducing staff.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:29 pm About time, place has been going downhill for years... great location, shit food, shit service, overpriced, and considering they claimed to be a sports bar they were far from it.
Agree. Last time I ate there, food and service were overpriced and underwhelming. I guess it can only get better.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I never liked the place, too clinical looking, overpriced and shit service. The Hope and Anchor was dismal but still a lot better than what replaced it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 pm Will be interesting to see what Grand River does with it. They certainly have experience running restaurants..

Yeah, it's central location but unlike Grand River, it's not set back much from the road and you've got Olala, Cadillac, Ostro immediate competition.

I guess a lot will depend on what theme/menu/price point they will go for. I note the new Swiss owner at Cadillac has upped the quality but also the price and cut costs reducing staff.
cadillac is poor now,never open before 10 am in the morning,small menu but cheaper BEER :dm:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yeah, I forgot to mention the previous menu has been chopped in half! Albeit, it was extensive and varied before..
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Yeah Cadillac got rid of their mac n cheese, sum bullshit.

Who else has good mac n cheese?
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:47 pm Yeah Cadillac got rid of their mac n cheese, sum bullshit.

Who else has good mac n cheese?
Alamo cafe.............. =@
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Their Sunday pork roast was great.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Paddy Rice was a shithole, good riddance. With their crap TVs they were a joke of a sports bar. What happened to that Monsta Bar nearby that was called a sports bar? Do any of those barang run bars/restaurants on the riverside ever make any money?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic