Friendly Meeting Between US and Cambodia Navy Staff

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Friendly Meeting Between US and Cambodia Navy Staff

Post by Brody »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:52 pm The US guys are all looking at their very important notes on the meeting/texting a message to their wives.

As a veteran myself, I can guarantee you that they are absolutely not doing that, and are 10 x more squared away and professional than those batch of self important, rank buying, gangsters seated across from them.

But don't let me rain on a potential US bashing opportunity. Seems like a favorite pastime on CEO.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Well the guys on one side of the room have important titles, while the guys on the other side......

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Brody wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:04 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:52 pm The US guys are all looking at their very important notes on the meeting/texting a message to their wives.

As a veteran myself, I can guarantee you that they are absolutely not doing that, and are 10 x more squared away and professional than those batch of self important, rank buying, gangsters seated across from them.

But don't let me rain on a potential US bashing opportunity. Seems like a favorite pastime on CEO.
Please chill out. You posted about 'bitch resting face' and thats ok (even thought it was quite funny, it's a joke right ?), but a similar joke about the US guys texting their wives is "US bashing". Go figure. HUMOUR. :salut: Must be a cultural difference I guess.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

More important than who's producing what kind of vibe is the newspaper article itself. A good analyst knows what. isn't. discussed may be more important than what is said. This report touches on neither and reads like low level propaganda.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Brody wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Given the history of this country I am inclined to think that they are veterans as well, with or without tatoos.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

taabarang wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 pm More important than who's producing what kind of vibe is the newspaper article itself. A good analyst knows what. isn't. discussed may be more important than what is said. This report touches on neither and reads like low level propaganda.
Isn't that the whole point of discussing (Cambodia) news and how it's presented ? In this case I thought the photos showed quite well what the text didn't say. The pretended friendship is just that, pretend.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:16 pm
taabarang wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 pm More important than who's producing what kind of vibe is the newspaper article itself. A good analyst knows what. isn't. discussed may be more important than what is said. This report touches on neither and reads like low level propaganda.
Isn't that the whole point of discussing (Cambodia) news and how it's presented ? In this case I thought the photos showed quite well what the text didn't say. The pretended friendship is just that, pretend.

I expect more insight than an analysis of body language, which by the way was tactfully ignored in the. article. Yes the photo reveals what. but not why. If I were the Officer in Charge of the SE Asian desk, my reaction would be "so what!"
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:09 pm Well the guys on one side of the room have important titles, while the guys on the other side......

Are preparing a few eggs for the enlisted buddies down below by pitty officer jones while cruising in shellow waters at lpw seed going by the smokestack coming out of that overpriced thing.Anything else it can do ?
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

taabarang wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:38 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:16 pm

I expect more insight than an analysis of body language, which by the way was tactfully ignored in the. article. Yes the photo reveals what. but not why. If I were the Officer in Charge of the SE Asian desk, my reaction would be "so what!"

Guys here were actually king of wondering why they would have to waste their time with a bunch of tatooed emnlisted hobos. No wonder they were slightly bored. Protocol, perhaps. Oh no not you guys... eh.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

I am mot an expert with keyboard shit , but would you kindly sign me out of this site Other than unneeded weed advise not much coming out of if. Thank you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic