Retire in Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Retire in Thailand

Post by phuketrichard »

wow;
curious if they give him a 90 day extension, (Under consideration for 90days ) or the full year.

for phuket
Minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 2 months before the application date.

]After your 2019 application a minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 3 months and a minimum of 400.000 Baht for the remainder of the year until your next application date in 2020. (in conjunction with the 800.000 Baht for 2 months before the application date)
This new requirement will be checked at your next extension application starting from 2020.
(Therefore make sure that your bank book is updated on a regular basis)
In a random selection process it is possible that applicants will receive a 90 days under consideration stamp and have to return to the immigration department after 90 days with new bank statements to proof that the 800.000 Baht is still in your account after which the remaining months will be granted.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

He’s off down there now so i’ll get the details at beer o’clock later and update later.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Picked up his annual renewal visa yesterday as normal and was told to report with his bank book as soon as he arrives back in the country given he won’t be here On the 90 day date.
jujuvietnam
Tourist
France

Post by jujuvietnam »

Duncan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:21 am About retirement in Thailand, it looks like Thailand could have a winner with this.

https://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/K7ZLJ ... rqXp6LhYCg
So true ... Let's see how it turns in the next months for expat and retired people ...

:)
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Business as usual, went down to Jomtien Immigration yesterday and submitted my application for another year extension of stay based on retirement. Was in and out in under an hour, come back in 90 days to show bank book balance still above the required level.

Was expecting the office to be quiet given the anti Thai online doom merchants predictions of an exodus of retired foreigners due to supposed ever tightening requirements, the opposite seemed to be the case with plenty of financially secure wrinklies queuing up for another year of relaxed easy living. The process is still incredibly easy regardless of what you may feel about the merits of the country itself.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:27 am Business as usual, went down to Jomtien Immigration yesterday and submitted my application for another year extension of stay based on retirement. Was in and out in under an hour, come back in 90 days to show bank book balance still above the required level.

Was expecting the office to be quiet given the anti Thai online doom merchants predictions of an exodus of retired foreigners due to supposed ever tightening requirements, the opposite seemed to be the case with plenty of financially secure wrinklies queuing up for another year of relaxed easy living. The process is still incredibly easy regardless of what you may feel about the merits of the country itself.
Good to hear its smooth and easy, long gone were the days when officers haggling for some advantages.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic