Phnom Penh Sundance Riverside

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
DirtyLou
Tourist

Phnom Penh Sundance Riverside

Post by DirtyLou »

Hi guys, im travelling through cambodia now and will be in pp in a couple of days. Has anyone heard of this guesthouse/bar? Ive already booked a few nights but its dirt cheap so if it ends up being a shithole ill just go somewhere else. I read some reviews and the owner replied to some of the negative ones and he seems like a bit of a dick. Any thoughts, experiences? Thank you
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Phnom Penh Sundance Riverside

Post by frank lee bent »

it is quite ok.
was my regular for years.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

DirtyLou wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 am Hi guys, im travelling through cambodia now and will be in pp in a couple of days. Has anyone heard of this guesthouse/bar? Ive already booked a few nights but its dirt cheap so if it ends up being a shithole ill just go somewhere else. I read some reviews and the owner replied to some of the negative ones and he seems like a bit of a dick. Any thoughts, experiences? Thank you
Lol if you think speaking your mind is being "a bit of a dick" you should check out the guy who runs The White Moose hotel and cafe in Dublin.
Where were the reviews posted btw?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

[Mod Edit: Unhelpful post deleted.]
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

[Mod edit: unhelpful post removed]
DirtyLou
Tourist

Post by DirtyLou »

I think they were in agoda or booking.com, maybe dick wasnt the right choice of words. Just that some people had complained about the aussie owner. Im going with an open mind. Im a bit of a drunk but not really into the whoremongering scene if that helps. I know people can be assholes over little things and leave negative reviews. Ive had employees say shit things about me on glassdoor so i know to take reviews with a grain of salt.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

make sure u dont get suckered into the cheap windowless rooms, ( that is unless u like it dark 24/7)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

We stayed there once just for a place to sleep. It was ok.

One positive I will say is that the breakfast was actually really good. Pancakes were great - bacon well cooked - scrambled eggs were alright.

Room itself is nothing to write home about but we did have hot water. AC worked fairly well.

The TV had some problems and didn't work at all in terms of actually getting any channels. One kind of strange thing was that the lights in the hallway only turned on with motion - and there were some definite dead spots in that setup :). Be aware there is no lift so your walking the stairs.

Location is right on the river. Its close to the US embassy. You can easily walk down to the nightmarket. Its also down the street from IBIS if your looking to take the bus to SR. There is a small bar and pool table there and the prices seemed reasonable for drinks.

If your travelling with your wife or family and other people's life choices bothers you then this would be a miss (but that's also true of a lot of the riverside hotels). I also wouldn't want to stay here with anything of value - there is a safe in the room but the room door is just a traditional key and I don't think it would keep anyone out that wanted to get in.

Overall I thought it was decent and you can't beat the price.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

There are 2 sundances in PP, maybe more. Thje one on riverside is ok.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

sleep at riverside
all other stuff at 172
best of both dances
pebbles&nightsky
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic