Expat Suspects Ex-Shanghai Bar Girl of Swapping Other Expat's Name on His Son's Birth Certificate

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Expat Suspects Ex-Shanghai Bar Girl of Swapping Other Expat's Name on His Son's Birth Certificate

Post by phuketrichard »

beaker wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:42 am ONE reason i can see, IF he was American and had the BC and his name is on it, ( married or not)
when he gets SS $$ he can get additional $$ for the child, up until the child is 18>
nice chunk of $$

other than that>>> ....

To get custody, he would need go to family court
The child needs to have lived in the states for a minimum of 5 years to receive any SS money and reside in the US
I received money for my daughter for 1 year till she turned 18, an she had NEVER lived in the states

as to letter needed to travel, I traveled frequently only with my daughter on her US an thai passport from the time she was 3 years old, never asked for any letter anywhere from her mom

For him to obtain a foreign passport, MOM NEEDS to sign or he needs show court order he has sole custody.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Expat Suspects Ex-Shanghai Bar Girl of Swapping Other Expat's Name on His Son's Birth Certificate

Post by Barang chgout »

VLayHo-ho-ho wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 pm
VLayHo-ho-ho wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 pm Who are you calling a Meth Dealer Cam Nivag?
If you're too scared to post it publicly, at least have the decency to inbox me.
Wrong topic?
Nope:

[Mod edit: Go duke it out on Facebook.]
No!
Ffs start a new thread for it!
Should be worth a giggle.
So, who exactly did you accuse of being a dealer Mr. Mac?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:30 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 am Yes, but that certificate is a single one, and of course she's never going to hand it over. To have the MoFA make a legalized birth certificate from the Cambodian original will solve his problem. She keeps the original Khmer one, and he gets a legalized copy that can be used all around the world (except with the Cambodian government).
I don't see any other solution for the father.
The Sangkat issue 4 copies of the official Birth Certificate... 1x original, and 3x official notarized copies which can be used for all official administrative procedures.
That's nice, somehow I never got those.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:03 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am

Well, you're right, The actual bait is just she will save 15-25 bucks if he pays the MoFA. Assuming she cares about a legalized BC. Maybe she isn't aware. Maybe she doesn't care.
A Cambodian birth certificate is as useful as a paper tissue outside of Cambodia
I got both my kids passports from my home country using a standard Cambodian passport with a pyramid translation. So I'd say it's worth more than a tissue outside of Cambodia, if not wherever you yourself come from.
That's more value than I thought. I needed a legalized version from MoFA and had to legalize it again at the embassy of my country within 3 month of the issuing date of the MoFA certificate. The original Cambodia BC has been of zero use outside of Cambodia in our situation.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:44 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 pm

He just wants to see the Birth Certificate to ensure that his name is on there to ensure that he has parental rights, and not the other guy. He's not demanding that she hands over the original, but if he wants to offer his child a future, he will need to get one of the Sangkat issued copies to be able to apply for his kids CBD and Passport.
Well he says he just wants to see the birth certificate to check if he’s still on there. She doesn’t know that. Maybe he plans to snatch it out of her hand if she shows it to him and then go get a British passport for the kid. Or use a photo of it to get a passport. She doesn’t know.
You can't get a British passport with just the child's birth certificate. You need the mother's medical records, birth certificate, passport and her proof of address.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

wasnt there another similar story last year involving birth certificates and the mother running off with the kid?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:44 pm wasnt there another similar story last year involving birth certificates and the mother running off with the kid?
Yuh, this one. Also got into that whole BC issue.

Edit topic23310.html
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Well, you're right, The actual bait is just she will save 15-25 bucks if he pays the MoFA. Assuming she cares about a legalized BC. Maybe she isn't aware. Maybe she doesn't care.
A Cambodian birth certificate is as useful as a paper tissue outside of Cambodia
I got both my kids passports from my home country using a standard Cambodian passport with a pyramid translation. So I'd say it's worth more than a tissue outside of Cambodia, if not wherever you yourself come from.
That's more value than I thought. I needed a legalized version from MoFA and had to legalize it again at the embassy of my country within 3 month of the issuing date of the MoFA certificate. The original Cambodia BC has been of zero use outside of Cambodia in our situation.
Damn...which country are you from? For NZ you just need to send them one of the original birth certs and they use their own translator, no need to be certified by the Cambodian MoFAIC or anything.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:21 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:44 pm wasnt there another similar story last year involving birth certificates and the mother running off with the kid?
Yuh, this one. Also got into that whole BC issue.

Edit topic23310.html
yeah that was the one
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:39 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Damn...which country are you from? For NZ you just need to send them one of the original birth certs and they use their own translator, no need to be certified by the Cambodian MoFAIC or anything.
Netherlands.

They don't trust Cambodian documents that much back home, to put it mildly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic