Expat Suspects Ex-Shanghai Bar Girl of Swapping Other Expat's Name on His Son's Birth Certificate

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Expat Suspects Ex-Shanghai Bar Girl of Swapping Other Expat's Name on His Son's Birth Certificate

Post by John Bingham »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:21 am
Brody wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:56 am
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 am she's probably suspicious that he wants it with a view to potentially getting custody of the child from her. No?
But I think fathers flying with young children out of Cambodia need some kind of letter from the mother, no? I think I read that somewhere but I'm not sure.
Apparently not. I took my son alone to Europe & UK last summer and at no point was I challenged by any immigration officer. I initially thought the same and had a signed letter just in case, but wasn’t needed.
It is the case for some countries, Canada for example.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Expat Suspects Ex-Shanghai Bar Girl of Swapping Other Expat's Name on His Son's Birth Certificate

Post by Kammekor »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:59 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am

Well, you're right, The actual bait is just she will save 15-25 bucks if he pays the MoFA. Assuming she cares about a legalized BC. Maybe she isn't aware. Maybe she doesn't care.
Sounds to me like she already has a birth certificate, with the father's name on it, and she doesn't want to give it to him.
Yes, but that certificate is a single one, and of course she's never going to hand it over. To have the MoFA make a legalized birth certificate from the Cambodian original will solve his problem. She keeps the original Khmer one, and he gets a legalized copy that can be used all around the world (except with the Cambodian government).
I don't see any other solution for the father.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:03 am
PhnomRon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:31 am According to the FB thread he has found Bona.

There doesn't seem to be any proof she forged anything. He just thinks she did because she won't give him the birth certificate. Oh and because she previously tried to scheme with him about getting his name forged onto her daughter's birth certificate in a similar way. She wouldn't give him the birth certificate, maybe because she did not trust what he was going to do with it. He then withdrew all financial support for his son as a leverage move to get the birth certificate. She then disappeared with the boy.
In the foreign dad dad is smart he takes Bona to the MoFA in Phnom Penh, with the Khmer birth certificate, and he asks for a legalized version there. He will get three legalized copies. He can keep one to himself, and maybe have that one legalized again at the Australian embassy (for a check it's an actual document from the MoFA). And he can give one to Bona for future use. That will be the bait for her cooperate.
Sorry, I don't get it..how is that the bait for Bona to co-operate? It's mentioned she's already got the birth certificate.. What's in it for her to give it to the father or a legalised copy? He's reportedly stopped financial support for the child in an attempt to get it. So by now she's probably suspicious that he wants it with a view to potentially getting custody of the child from her. No?
He just wants to see the Birth Certificate to ensure that his name is on there to ensure that he has parental rights, and not the other guy. He's not demanding that she hands over the original, but if he wants to offer his child a future, he will need to get one of the Sangkat issued copies to be able to apply for his kids CBD and Passport.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Brody wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:56 am

But I think fathers flying with young children out of Cambodia need some kind of letter from the mother, no? I think I read that somewhere but I'm not sure.
Not required...as long as the child's Surname is the same as the fathers on their passports.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 am Yes, but that certificate is a single one, and of course she's never going to hand it over. To have the MoFA make a legalized birth certificate from the Cambodian original will solve his problem. She keeps the original Khmer one, and he gets a legalized copy that can be used all around the world (except with the Cambodian government).
I don't see any other solution for the father.
The Sangkat issue 4 copies of the official Birth Certificate... 1x original, and 3x official notarized copies which can be used for all official administrative procedures.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 pm

He just wants to see the Birth Certificate to ensure that his name is on there to ensure that he has parental rights, and not the other guy. He's not demanding that she hands over the original, but if he wants to offer his child a future, he will need to get one of the Sangkat issued copies to be able to apply for his kids CBD and Passport.
Well he says he just wants to see the birth certificate to check if he’s still on there. She doesn’t know that. Maybe he plans to snatch it out of her hand if she shows it to him and then go get a British passport for the kid. Or use a photo of it to get a passport. She doesn’t know.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am

Well, you're right, The actual bait is just she will save 15-25 bucks if he pays the MoFA. Assuming she cares about a legalized BC. Maybe she isn't aware. Maybe she doesn't care.
A Cambodian birth certificate is as useful as a paper tissue outside of Cambodia
I got both my kids passports from my home country using a standard Cambodian passport with a pyramid translation. So I'd say it's worth more than a tissue outside of Cambodia, if not wherever you yourself come from.
VLayHo-ho-ho
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by VLayHo-ho-ho »

Who are you calling a Meth Dealer Cam Nivag?
If you're too scared to post it publicly, at least have the decency to inbox me.
There was no sarcasm or malice intended during the making of this post.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

VLayHo-ho-ho wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 pm Who are you calling a Meth Dealer Cam Nivag?
If you're too scared to post it publicly, at least have the decency to inbox me.
Wrong topic?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
VLayHo-ho-ho
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by VLayHo-ho-ho »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 pm
VLayHo-ho-ho wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 pm Who are you calling a Meth Dealer Cam Nivag?
Wrong topic?
Nope:

[Mod edit: Go duke it out on Facebook.]
There was no sarcasm or malice intended during the making of this post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic