Road Accident Statistics 2019/2020

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: Road Accident Statistics 2019/2020

Post by siliconlife »

pczz wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:38 am
siliconlife wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:41 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:11 am You really think a $10 bit of platic is gonna save your head? Especially when 4 people in the family share the same one that doesnt fit?

I asked a khmer why he didnt wear a helmet. Answer ; if i wear a helmet my other injuries will cost my family a lot. better i die quick than be disabled and a burden'
Yeah, I really do think a $10 bit of plastic HAS ALREADY SAVED MY HEAD THREE TIMES. And I'm not disabled. It's all very heroic to go dying for your family, (supposedly) like the one random guy you asked, but I'll take the chance, and hopefully sacrifice my life when it's definitely needed.
Maybe you are a little accident prone?. I have seen 2 people injured, one by the helmet breaking in 2 and another with the obviously oversized helmet falling off. Both low speed accidents. Any helmet will help if it stays on in a low speed shunt, but it will not necessarily be of much uses once you are over 20km hour. Rather depedns on the circumstances of the accident. At higher speed the design and padding are far more important than the shell, and 1 cm of polystyrene is pretty much useless. BTW I always wear a helmet, but I am under no illusion as to how ineefective it would be on ope roads
I'm not saying its a panacea. I'm saying I've heard this argument many times and I don't know why expats keep repeating it; I'd rather be with any helmet than without one. Even the most expensive helmet in the world isn't going to save you from some accidents, it goes without saying. And it also goes without saying that you should wear a helmet that is the right size for you, and not be accident-prone like me.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

March 2, 2020
At least 139 Killed in February traffic accidents
Accidents claimed 139 lives and injured 383 in February 2020, and at least 106 people were killed in motorcycle accidents, according to the report from the Department of Traffic and Public Order of the National Police.

The number of road traffic accidents in the country in February 2020 decreased compared to February 2019.

In February 2019, a total of 362 road accidents occurred in February, killing 162 and injuring 560.

In January 2020, there were 358 road accidents nationwide, killing 206 people and injuring 559. Of the 206 deaths, 159 were motorcycle riders and 116 were without helmets.

In 2019, road accidents across the country killed 1981 people and injured 6,141.
SWIFT NEWS
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

October 1, 2020
2020 sees a decrease in traffic accidents

The National Police reported today that so far this year the traffic accident rate in Cambodia has decreased by 729 cases, equivalent to around 23 percent, compared to the same period last year.

Deputy National Police Chief Chhay Kim Khoeun said that so far this year there have been 2,430 traffic accidents recorded compared to 3,159 cases in the same period last year.

The report also noted that the nationwide road fatality rate has witnessed a notable decrease, 264 deaths, or around 17 percent, lower than the first nine months of last year which amounted to 1,521 people.

The report also stated a 17.35 percent decrease in the road fatality rate this year compared to the same period last year, dropping from 1,521 people in 2019 to 1,257 this year.

The number of injuries as a result of traffic accidents has also dropped by 22.41 percent within the same time frame, from 4,721 in 2019 to 3,663 this year, according to the report.

Khoeun said the substantial reductions have resulted from effective traffic law enforcement and more substantial awareness and education of our citizens.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50768934/2 ... accidents/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic