Another Teacher Question.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Another Teacher Question.

Post by John Bingham »

MrSam wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:49 pm A criminal record check didn't even cross my mind. Tho getting a disclosure Scotland takes no time at all as many jobs across here ask for them.
Sure, it will be a lot easier to get one while you're there.
It's worth noting that only the better schools have any decent sports facilities or any PE trainers.
There are various private sports training outfits around town too,
so you don't need to restrict yourself to schools.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Brody wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:29 pm Jeez, PH is/was a tefl jobber....I had you for a better class of person...you think you know people, sheesh. :mrgreen:
I wasn't teaching English.
MrSam
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MrSam »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:00 pm
MrSam wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:49 pm A criminal record check didn't even cross my mind. Tho getting a disclosure Scotland takes no time at all as many jobs across here ask for them.
Sure, it will be a lot easier to get one while you're there.
It's worth noting that only the better schools have any decent sports facilities or any PE trainers.
There are various private sports training outfits around town too,
so you don't need to restrict yourself to schools.
Yeah ill get a copy sent out.
Yeah i was reading into that a couple days ago, seems to be the better off schools that have the facilities or money to provide better sports facilities.
Interesting note about the sports training outfits tho, that's not something i have come across as yet, but will be sure to look into it. In all honesty it seems to be fairly easy to get a job teaching English to get my feet on the ground and see what else there is to offer. I do enjoy teaching and would be happy to teach most subjects, just lack of experience tho. If there are opportunities out there to teach sports that would be my main goal.. tho being Scottish we suffer greatly from that big burning ball of gas in the sky called the sun and the heat hah.
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

MrSam wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:10 pm it seems to be fairly easy to get a job teaching English to get my feet on the ground and see what else there is to offer.
Teaching English Vs PE Teacher = $1200/mo Vs $3000/mo ( + paid holidays, etc.)
MrSam
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MrSam »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:35 pm
MrSam wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:10 pm it seems to be fairly easy to get a job teaching English to get my feet on the ground and see what else there is to offer.
Teaching English Vs PE Teacher = $1200/mo Vs $3000/mo ( + paid holidays, etc.)
Wow. That's quite an increase.. id never really looked into PE teaching in Cambodia.
To be honest i had never come across any information about it or any jobs, clearly focused on the Teaching English side of things. This is why its always good to ask questions to people with more knowledge.
Would definitely be something id be interested in and something i would look at in the future. Tho i think working in a school and learning the in's and out's of the education system would not only give me some good experience in the country but a better understanding how things are run.
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic