Battambang

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Salavan
Tourist
Great Britain

Battambang

Post by Salavan »

Is there any expats here living in battambang
I'm thinking of moving there and would like to hear some pros and cons about the place
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Re: Battambang

Post by hiway5 »

There are some expats there. Most keep to themselves. Its not a place for nightlife. There are some live bands playing ok music.
Very good western, Khmer, Japanese and vegetarian food. Two good bakeries. Lots of Thai processed food available in stores and around the markets.. A swensens and pizza place.
You need to be able to keep yourself occupied - not counting sitting on the computer all day.
There is a football [soccer] field and some pools you can use Classy hotel pool is nice.
BTB
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by BTB »

More & more expats moving to Btb escaping the Chinese invasion, though still quite a relaxed laid back town...
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

My friend raves about coconuts resort there.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I haven't been there for a couple of years but at that time it was a very sleepy little town, but with a couple of nice café/restaurant places.

There was one interesting bar on the river in an old wooden house but I believe it has closed down now, not sure if anywhere has taken its place as the popular expat hangout
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

You could raise some chickens live, drink (JD) and be merry till you die.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
dexter
Tourist
Canada

Post by dexter »

Are there any "Happy Pizza" places in Battambang?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic