Return after a long time

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
yido.dave
Tourist
Great Britain

Return after a long time

Post by yido.dave »

Well last time i was in Cambodia was 2006, and finally back at the end of the month. Just want a heads up on going A to B, what does it cost to go from airport into town, whats the motobike charges going bar to bar these days? Are any of the old skool bars still about from early 2000-2005?

Cheers
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Return after a long time

Post by Londonmail »

have a great trip mate its a pain in the arse being away so long... it been almost 2 years for me .... and that's far toooo long :)
yido.dave
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by yido.dave »

Londonmail wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:39 am have a great trip mate its a pain in the arse being away so long... it been almost 2 years for me .... and that's far toooo long :)
Cheers! When u back? Dont travel as much as i used too...last holiday was 4 years ago.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

$12 from AP to riverside and $1 for short hops on a moto around town.
You will be amazed at the changes.

I would like to hear your report.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Imagine going to a country you haven't been to before
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:30 am $12 from AP to riverside and $1 for short hops on a moto around town.
You will be amazed at the changes.

I would like to hear your report.

What's this $12 for ? A limo ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

A taxi from airport
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

you can get a round trip from riverside to ap and back to hotel for $12 in a tuktuk... my wife just picked me up a month ago.....
who would think any city was the same after 10 years?
I guess your old squeeze is now about 25?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

yido.dave wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:28 am Well last time i was in Cambodia was 2006, and finally back at the end of the month. Just want a heads up on going A to B, what does it cost to go from airport into town, whats the motobike charges going bar to bar these days? Are any of the old skool bars still about from early 2000-2005?

Cheers
Interesting question that. I have doubts that there are any bars that have survived that long in PP
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Duncan wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:56 am
yido.dave wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:28 am Well last time i was in Cambodia was 2006, and finally back at the end of the month. Just want a heads up on going A to B, what does it cost to go from airport into town, whats the motobike charges going bar to bar these days? Are any of the old skool bars still about from early 2000-2005?

Cheers
Interesting question that. I have doubts that there are any bars that have survived that long in PP
Black Cat bar opened around 2005 I think.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic