What bars will show the NFL playoffs?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Wanker Wat
Expatriate
Cambodia

What bars will show the NFL playoffs?

Post by Wanker Wat »

Happy New Year everyone. Will the NFL playoffs be on TV here? Will any bars in PP show the games? I’m interested in watching the Seahawks play Sunday morning at 8 am. Thank you.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: What bars will show the NFL playoffs?

Post by Arget »

Larry's on 110
Lonestar on 23
Score bar in BKK1
Wanker Wat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Wanker Wat »

Larry’s opens at 9 am right? Or does it open earlier for football?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Drop in and ask him.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Wanker Wat wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:52 am Larry’s opens at 9 am right? Or does it open earlier for football?
Score opens at 8:00 am. Game time is 8:15 am. Larrys's and Lone Star have only one small TV and chance of poor seating choice if others are there. Score has many. And unlike Larry's, at Score you do not have to buy the staff a drink to get them to notice they have customers. All Sports on St. 172 has it but does not open until 9:00 am.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Lone star has one large TV and one small one. I watch games there all season. The do a Superbowl special as well.
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

cambo swa wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:32 am
Wanker Wat wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:52 am Larry’s opens at 9 am right? Or does it open earlier for football?
Score opens at 8:00 am. Game time is 8:15 am. Larrys's and Lone Star have only one small TV and chance of poor seating choice if others are there. Score has many. And unlike Larry's, at Score you do not have to buy the staff a drink to get them to notice they have customers. All Sports on St. 172 has it but does not open until 9:00 am.
I rarely buy any drinks for the staff at Larry's, but I think the service there is fine, as long as you are not sitting outside at an outside table, which they sometimes forget exist.

I do, however, find sitting inside at the bar to be absolutely intolerable when a certain rotund American lawyer is in there holding court shouting flirtatious comments at the girls in pidgin Khmer baby talk.
lidsville
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by lidsville »

Is American Satellite service available? I suppose you could just pay to stream NFL content. I'm going to need to nurse my hangovers on Monday morning watching the BIlls or 49ers lose. I know here in the States the Indian community all have dishes to watch cricket matches.
Wanker Wat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Wanker Wat »

Larry said they’ll be open at 9. No early opening for the football. I guess I’ll go to Score
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

All Sports Bar on 172 is also a good option, better beer selection and cheaper than Score too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic