“Cambodian’s Family Cuisine, Siem Reap” : A Big Hit in Japan

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

“Cambodian’s Family Cuisine, Siem Reap” : A Big Hit in Japan

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodian woman’s Khmer cuisine now a big hit in Japan
27 December 2018
The 38 year old – mother of an 18-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son – told The Post: “I moved to Japan after I got married in 1998. I opened the ‘Cambodian’s Family Cuisine, Siem Reap’ just over eight years ago.”
After starting a new chapter with her husband in Japan, a country world renowned for its food, her Cambodian cuisine soon began winning the hearts of Japanese diners.

Samlor kokor, which literally translates as “stirring soup”, is the star among 27 dishes on her menu. The rich, nutritious dish is cooked using fish or chicken, with aubergine, green papaya, pumpkin, greens, pounded fried rice grains and spices.

“Samlor kokor and Khmer curry are among the top favourites with my customers, especially Cambodian people staying in Japan. Other popular dishes here are fried squid with Kampot green pepper, rice with curry soup and fried mixed vegetables,” she said.

But the typical Cambodian breakfast of steamed rice with pork is the top seller. Sros says Japanese people like the simple meal.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-life ... -hit-japan
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: “Cambodian’s Family Cuisine, Siem Reap” : A Big Hit in Japan

Post by console »

But does she serve Prahok !!!!
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic