Look after your body, it's worth a lot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Look after your body, it's worth a lot

Post by timmydownawell »

Arget wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:39 pm First question are these prices for a pair or single items?

Kidneys - $200,000 ...I can afford to live with one = $200000
Corneas - $25,000 ... Same deal I will cash in one ... $25000 =$
Livers - $150,000.... still using it thanks................ $0
Hearts - $120,000...... same.............................. $0
Testes - $40,000.......you can have one................ .$40000
Lungs - $110,000.....nah... keeping these a while yet $0
Bone marrow $23,000 (per gram) .........2 grams.. ...$46000

You pay all harvesting costs at a agreed hospital and fund 6 months convalescence

Profit =$311,000
=@ =@ =@ =@ =@
I think they can splice a liver, so you sell part of it (I think mine is probably past its 'best before' date though).

Personally I would just divest a few grams of bone marrow if indeed that is the right price.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Stitched up by thieves

Post by britscienceteacher »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:18 pm If the OP can tell me where I can get 23K for a gram of bone marrow, I'll give him half a gram as commission.

But pretty sure it's just another horse**** topic.
Admitted I can't guarantee the accuracy of the info I found on the net (you're undoubted better able to search than me).

What's interesting here is that people are eying the big dollar numbers and assuming that donors get the cash. From what I've read it's more of an 'agents' market. If you want to know real prices then you could head on down to Syria and ask. A case just went to the UN with thousands of reported cases (many of them children). These kinds of highly profitable industries spring up in colonised area where militias operate, other examples including Afghan opium (no guesses where that went), kidnap-ransom and slavery.

Oh, if you do head to Syria to find out be careful not to get stitched up by thieves.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Look after your body, it's worth a lot

Post by frank lee bent »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic