When its your time.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

When its your time.

Post by la8rat »

What sort of send off do you expect?
This looks like a guy well liked.
[web_thumb]
Maybe its just me but i prefer funerals to weddings.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: When its your time.

Post by Johnsell50 »

I am only a small part Cherokee but I love the way they used to go out. When they could see that they were no longer any use to the tribe they would take a few things with them and take the "Long Walk". When they could not fend for themselves any more they let nature take its course. Hopefully I will die in my sleep and go up in smoke, no funeral, no wake. If I know in time that I will no longer be able to take care of myself I will find a place where I can swim till I can't anymore. You asked!
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

I never thought about how I want send off, being honest, I don't care.
PS,
Always avoid the first car of a wedding or funeral, except when you are the driver. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

I like the idea of being mummified and dragged around to parties and other social gatherings. I've always been something of a curiosity so carry on with that theme.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I was thinking about this only just recently. If I die in my home country I'll be leaving my body to science at a local university, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, to aid science. Secondly, the university will pay for my body pick up and transportation from whatever hospital it ends up in, as well as my cremation and the delivery of my ashes to a place in the city after I've served my purpose. This absorbs much of the cost associated with death that my heirs or estate won't have to incur.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I want Jamie to take me out to the bars one last time just like weekend at Bernie’s, but an Asian version.
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Johnsell50 »

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Funerals are for the heirs, friends (and enemies) of the deceased;/it little matters what the soon to be deceased would like. Control of his life dies with him.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Johnsell50 »

taabarang wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:47 am Funerals are for the heirs, friends (and enemies) of the deceased;/it little matters what the soon to be deceased would like. Control of his life dies with him.
That's why we have living wills.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Johnsell50 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:27 am
taabarang wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:47 am Funerals are for the heirs, friends (and enemies) of the deceased;/it little matters what the soon to be deceased would like. Control of his life dies with him.
That's why we have living wills.
I've never heard of one lawfully executed in our small Khmer village and I doubt that a local.lawyer would know how to do it. Nope, it:s Buddha, chanting, loud speakers and bad music all the way. And why not? It's for them, not.me.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic